Angelo will be on hiatus and new album "CIRCLE" release

Angelo new album “CIRCLE” will be released at 2021/11/17 (10 songs)

they will be on indefinite hiatus at 2022/01/31

http://angeloweb.jp/index.php#important-Notice

4 Likes

Some very conflicting views on the website, sounds like some members are considering this the end of the group.

2 Likes

Hope this means Pierrot will play some concerts again and maybe release something (though this will be very unlikely lol)

2 Likes

nope… January 16th.

Now Karyu is free and Hizumi is also back, so it’s time for another hiatus to end😎

Btw this didn’t surprise me, their music got stale in the last years.

Maybe “Factor” was they last good song and that was in 2014?

3 Likes

As a huge PIERROT fan, I was following Angelo carefully. Of course it’s hurting, but I can understand it. To create an album every year + touring must be exhausting… Seems like Kohta mention they often disagree about many things the 5 of them.

Also not surprised because yes it’s been many albums they lost their soul, the music felt empty, expect few songs from time to time.

They need to create deep songs again.

I am still very curious to see all of them in different projects, could be very interesting.

4 Likes

it’s about time they disbanded tbh.

their sound has stopped evolving a long time ago, and I kinda hoped they’ll skip this years album because of the limited touring capacity and just release a single or a mini, but I’m really kind of dreading listening to what they’re doing for this release.

kirito needs to go solo again.

1 Like

Solo or create a project with Jun ?! gosh it would be amazing.

Also Takeo and Kohta always followed Kirito in their career, i’m so curious or their future.

Another Kirito solo album or one final Pierrot album would be nice, even a new song and a tour next year.

Pierrot they said it’s was a disband not hiatus no ? ?

I’m a bit bummed about reading these news… I wasn’t a huge fan or anything, but for the longest time this band was always just kinda reliable there in the background, always good for a listen. To me they improved greatly with the addition of Karyu and Giru, and basically everything they’ve released since then has been solid (I still haven’t checked out the last album but I’m sure it’s at least listenable).

Feels weird to think they won’t be around anymore from next year. Another one bites the dust…

1 Like

I was the opposite to many of you, I finally gave in and realized I liked them after HETERODOX. A lot. I’ve been looking forward to their yearly albums every year lately, not so much a fan of everything before it.

Anyway… Hoping this frees up PIERROT possibilities or D’espairsRay again. Even KIRITO restarting his solo project would be awesome.

2 Likes

their new album “CIRCLE” will be on 2 types

Limited edition (3850yen) will include CD 10 songs and DVD including "LIVE映像(10/4@豊洲PITより「SIGHT」4 songs)
Regular edition (3080yen) will include CD 10 songs only

[CD tracklist]

1. COUNTDOWN
  2. VOICE
  3. スーサイドゲーム
  4. PIERCE THE SKY
  5. ガイア
  6. PURELAND
  7. 砂の城
  8. SIGHT
  9. LINKAGE
  10. CONNECTED NEW CIRCLES

nice play it safe song, but two frugal-ass live PVs for two albums in a row that got no other video treatment… how mighty have fallen.

2 Likes

Probably the pandemic result… less budget

1 Like

Yeah, I wouldn’t doubt it

their previous videos were hobo a.f. as well, which was weird considering they were literally like sitting on a pile of pierrot revival gig money for a moment.

1 Like
4 Likes

sounds packed with bops, I’m very positively surprised.

WERE THEY HOLDING OUT ON ME??? THIS SOUNDS GREAT