[ARRIVED] One seven-string guitar

Ill help you sell both your testicles for this bro.

s-l500

2 Likes

Sell your house and get one of these bad boys
Or donate me 20 cents and 3 beef jerkys to my only fans and get my battle worn 70s shit-o-caster

Tbh it’s the user not the guitar I thought I had a shit espanyol guitar when in fact I was shit, you don’t need to waste a fortune but if you’re determined get a 6 string prs custom 24 or ce 22, solid guitars but ill say again start out small. You gotta walk before you run.

2 Likes

Yep totally understood! Space was my primary concern when I originally posted. I only have space for one guitar so I want to make it a good one.

I know this has become a general seven-string guitar thread, but I do have a question. If I wanted my guitar to be able to handle Drop A#/Drop A/ with the bottom B-B strings or Drop D#/Drop D with the top 6 strings (E-E), what string gauges or type would I be looking at?

1 Like

depends on your scale length, if standard length I’d once again recommend the Dunlop Heavy Core set as they are specifically made for down tuning on 7 string. Any 10-60 set should do the job though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Long scale guitars are better for low tunning.
With a short scale you must have bigger strings .
Don’t forget to adjust the neck after this.

2 Likes

You bought it yet?

No not yet. I’ve been putting off the trip to Guitar Center.

1 Like

keep us updated. i can’t have closure otherwise.

Well aren’t you in luck. I happened to go with a friend to Guitar Center yesterday.

This is what I ended up ordering. It’s currently backordered, so I don’t actually own it yet. But it’s paid for in full and will be here by May.

10 Likes

Fishman and multiscale, nicee! Make sure to post some pics once it arrives ^^

Well that was quick, i don’t know why i find this funny. Now, whats the first song you’re gonna play? Its something to cherish by.

I’ve been thinking about this since early January, and it took a while for me to post the topic. For me, this has taken forever! LOL.

And now I have to really think of a song that uses 7 strings. Maybe something by Spiritbox that’s not too complicated to start.

3 Likes

Nice! keep us updated

1 Like

nice! cant go wrong with ibanez ^_^! <3

1 Like

she’s purrty

1 Like

It’s here…and way ahead of schedule!

12 Likes

Ugh, nothing can ever be as simple as I want them to be.

I went to adjust the truss rod and intonation and I noticed there’s a gigantic fucking chip on the back. I had it two hours, maybe three, and I haven’t even touched it yet. Box looks like some disgruntled UPS driver kicked it. I am sending it back to the store tomorrow and scheduling a replacement. I want it delivered to me on a truck with silver rims in an ironclad box that says “FRAGILE” and “TREAT AS IF IT’S BEING DELIVERED TO A PSYCHO WHO KNOWS WHERE YOU LIVE”.

I AM NOT IN THE MOOD RIGHT NOW :frowning:

1 Like

ah always a gamble if shipping without a hardcase >.< worth the extra cash often.

Return has been processed. The new one should come straight from Ibanez, but I’ll have to wait a few weeks. The new shipping date is the same as the old shipping date, so maybe I’ll get lucky and get an update in a few days. I did ask if they could put it in a hard case and the Guitar Center tech said they can’t because they’re not the ones that are gonna handle it, but thanks for that suggestion @Ghostpepper!

3 Likes