[ARRIVED] One seven-string guitar

It’s always difficult to make a guitar travel without hard case… :confused:
And i still can’t understand why an hard case is optional for shipping!
Everyone knows how ‘’ delicate’’ carriers are with packages…

2 Likes

you should always have that option at the initial purchase, I’ve ordered guitars from them in the past and it was always an extra option to pay for hardcase. After purchase though seems like that’d be hard to do. Amurrica, one time they just left a super expensive neck-thru mockingbird on my front porch for hours, did not even ring the door bell haha… thank god no one stole it @_@

1 Like

What a mess… I hope it gets resolved asap!

I don’t think you’ve mentioned anything regarding an amp/effects but thought I’d recommend it just in case. Look into Neural DSP plugins, especially Archetype Gojira and Archetype Petrucci. These will give you pretty much everything you might need in terms of heavier sound (and much more). Transpose feature is a life-saver if you plan on playing stuff in different tunings.

2 Likes

This is next on my list. I’m going to be moving soon, hopefully to somewhere a little bigger, so then I can afford to invest in amp and effects. I do have a small Fender amp that came with my guitar, but I barely use it because even on the lowest volume it’s so loud I feel like my neighbors would complain if I practiced with it often - or at all actually, because most of them are very annoying. When I practice at home, I play everything with no amp or distortion. I play around with that stuff at the studio, but it’s not a wide selection.

That sounds even more like the perfect scenario for a cheap Focusrite interface + Neural DSP product and some headphones. That’s actually how I practice myself since there’s no way I’d be able to use an actual amp where I live.

2 Likes

I would actually amend that and offer that they grab a Motu M2 as an interface

Oh, I mainly wanted to offer a budget approach and for that Focusrite and maybe new Arturia interfaces are hard to beat :smiley:

1 Like

Would recommend Helix series,
Built in interface, Top of the line sounds, constant updates, portable->not just some vst stuck on your pooter.
With the most recent update you can set any button to do anything and can even have a button cycle thru predetermined presets so then even an HX stomp becomes a viable live rig. Even ex.BFN toki is using an HX stomp as his main rig now and he used to have massive setups. Find a Helix Lite used is my two cents, you literally will never need anything else tbh, its like heaven. Of course the axefx fm series is great too but more expensive, but in this day and age they all sound pretty much the same and in a mix no one cares haha.

1 Like

Here’s a good sound and format for you if you want to try on your pc without much noise

.I use D’addario EXL110 strings

. DiMarzio D-Sonic bridge pickups

. Change the tuning of your guitar to drop c#. (Tune the E string to D and then tune down all 7 strings by another half step).

. Make sure you use the bridge pickup only and crank up the eq and volume knobs on your guitar to 11 as I usually do with bass, the guitar sound is important amp is not.

. Use any interface you want, it does not matter. Conenct your guitar to the interface and the interface to your DAW.

. Basically mesa boogie plugin is a must

. First of all, you need a DAW. I use Adobe Audition

You need a VST plugin called Amplitube 4.

Inside that plugin, there are more options to choose from all with different sound options with dlc plugins

You need the Mesa Boogie package and the Brit9000 preamp. (Depending on which version of Amplitube 4 you buy, those amps may already be included.)

For eq I use Izotopes Neutron 2 plugin.

. Cut down to - 15 dB and you’re set because compression isn’t always reliable and you don’t want to be ear raping your neighbours.

This should give a heavily distorted yet atmospheric sound, crispy and tasteful

If you don’t play it now you won’t want to play guitar. You’ll just tire of it that’s why I suggested acoustic.

2 Likes

But in all seriousness, after I get my guitar and move into a new house I am going to invest in a lot of these peripherals to take my game to the next level. My main limitations right now are space and neighbors .___.

Still waiting with bated breath for news of my guitar.

2 Likes

people will tell you do this or that, or you need this or that, any basic setup is going to be fine. and Gear Acquisition Syndrome will make you choose some dumb stuff too, more importantly it is how you play, context is everything, gear and plugins take 2nd place to playing. A sansamp pedal can sit in the left side of the mix next to a mesa triple rectifier on the right in a rammstein mix and you know no better the difference in price~

2 Likes

Right now my basic set up is just the guitar! I could use some peripherals beyond the Fender amp I don’t use, but I can see myself going crazy if I don’t exercise caution.

1 Like

yah be careful, always follow K.I.S.S. “keep it simple stupid” better to be smart than wasteful~ ^v^

1 Like

Here’s a soundbite with the settings I quoted, all on pc.

Axes are a matter of when not if. Everything that needed to be said I mentioned before and is all coming full circle with the same comments so here’s all you need to know

Gambatte! If one can do it, I can do it. If no one can do it, I must do it!

Stuff like that, your happiness is above everything in this world and if you’re not feeling it then just leave it for the day and maybe feed the homeless.

This. I ended up buying a guitar for when I eventually want to play songs in Drop C#, and I’m not even finished with JustinGuitar’s beginner course :rofl:

1 Like

yah man def gotta take it step by step and with level head haha.

this guy posting midi guitar too is legit awesome haha /m/ my man~~

1 Like

It’s here! It came faster than expected and also slower than it should have.

6 Likes

Not even gonna lie, this guitar is metal as fuck. These Fishman pickups are no joke. Even at 30% volume it’s enough to rip the floor and get as heavy as I need. 60-70% volume is approaching metal concert levels of heaviness. I love it.

Started learning DIMLIM’s Malformation on it. It’s actually a really easy song. Maybe when I get good enough to play it through in one shot I’ll record a few takes and post it.

5 Likes

Awesome! Are you learning by ear or is there a decent source out there for VK tabs? Planning on picking up my bass again soon :slight_smile:

A bit of both.

1 Like