BAND-MAID new single "Different" and new album "Unseen World" release

BAND-MAID will be releasing the single “Different” on December 2, 2020 and a new album in January 2021.

“Different” is going to be the opening theme for an anime starting in January 2021, and the upcoming album will be their first release under the new label “PONY CANYON”.

2 Likes

I saw the name Band-Maid so many time over the years, I want to give them a try. What songs should I start with? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I’d highly recommend you to check BAND-MAID out if you’re into female-fronted J-Rock bands. On top of their beauty, these girls know how to make good music especially hard-rock. I’d say the band has such a bright future in their career.

Surprisingly, they’re not only very popular in Asia but also in the West according to the several Facebook groups I’m in. They have had several world tours in the past recent years as well. The band started their activity in 2013 and has released 6 studio albums so far. “Just Bring It (2017)” and “WORLD DOMINATION (2018)” are my personal favorite albums. The former is their masterpiece to me.

The following are a good introduction to the band in chronological order.

1 Like

Ok so I did checked the songs.

The first one, instrumentaly has a NoGod vibe, I don’t know why but it’s really heavy, I really enjoy it!

Second one is solid too, I really dig it. Nice solo there.

Ok, the drummer is a beast haha.

This is really interesting, I really enjoy her voice!

I don’t know why I get a NoGod vibe from their songs, but I like it a lot!

1 Like

That’s a really interesting point of view although I’m not seeing it probably just because I’m already familiar with their sound. Yes, it’s heavy and catchy at the same time.

“secret My lips” is indeed a solid track. It’s the closing track on “Just Bring It” released in 2007. If you like hard-rock, you’ll definitely enjoy this album like I do. There are many good songs on it. Another track I’d recommend from this album is “you.” It’s a fast-paced heavy song.

Their live performances are awesome too. Everyone in the band is so beautiful and talented. Therefore, you can enjoy their music visually and musically. Saiki (vocalist) is such a queen on the stage.

1 Like

The new single “Different” will be the opening theme song for the anime “Log Horizon: Entaku Kaigi” which will be broadcast on NHK E-TV starting in January 2021.

Tracklist:

1. Different
  2. Don’t be long
  3. Different (89sec Ver.)

The new album “Unseen World” will be released on 2021/01/20.

1 Like

NO WAY! Omg, Log Horizon is SO GOOD! It’s one of the 2021 anime I’m looking foward to! Such good news haha. Thanks for the head up! :smiley:

1 Like

As a BAND-MAID fan, I think I must check Log Horizon out too haha. The single will be released one month earlier before the anime, so you can listen to the full opening theme song meanwhile.

1 Like

The anime have 2 seasons of 24 episodes I think. But it’s pretty good, it’s an isekai, but a good one. I watched it like 3-4 years ago, I can’t recall the characters name haha, but the main character is really intelligent, and his plans are like OMG WTF haha. I highly recommend.

Also, I’m glad I’ll be able to listen to their song. If my money wouldn’t go into a PS5 I would of maybe buy their full album, you got me hook onto them, I need more female singer in my playlist haha.

1 Like

BAND-MAID「Unseen World」
Limited Edition [2CD+Blu-ray+ STUDIO PHOTOBOOK]
Special package planned (poster style booklet included)
PCCA-04991 / ¥7,000+TAX
[CD] Contains 14 songs

Disc1: [原点回帰-Roots]

1. After Life
  2. Why Why Why
  3. Youth
  4. サヨナキドリ(SAYONAKIDORI) -Nightingale
  5. CHEMICAL REACTION
  6. Manners
  7. I still seek revenge.

Disc 2: [現点進化-Progress]

1. Giovanni
  2. H-G-K
  3. Manners
  4. BLACK HOLE
  5. 本懐(HONKAI) -Ambition
  6. NO GOD
  7. Warning!

[Blu-ray] MIKU KOBATO(Gt./Vo.), KANAMI(Gt.), MISA(Ba.),
AKANE(Dr.)Instrumental Music Video - All 4 songs included
※Only the limited edition supports multi-channel video (some machines do not support this)
・After Life (Instrumental Video)
・No GOD (Instrumental Video)
・Giovanni (Instrumental Video)
・without holding back (Instrumental Video)

[STUDIO PHOTOBOOK]
36P Photo album

First Press Limited Edition [CD+DVD]
PCCA-04992 / ¥4,000+TAX
[CD] 12 songs in total

1. Warning!
  2. NO GOD
  3. After Life
  4. Manners
  5. I still seek revenge.
  6. H-G-K
  7. サヨナキドリ(SAYONAKIDORI) -Nightingale
  8. Why Why Why
  9. CHEMICAL REACTION
  10. Giovanni
  11. 本懐(HONKAI) -Ambition
  12. BLACK HOLE

[DVD] MIKU KOBATO(Gt./Vo.), KANAMI(Gt.), MISA(Ba.), AKANE(Dr.)
Instrumental Music Video - all 4 songs included
・After Life (Instrumental Video)
・No GOD (Instrumental Video)
・Giovanni (Instrumental Video)
・without holding back (Instrumental Video)

●Regular edition [CD only]
PCCA-04993 / ¥3,000+TAX
[CD] Contains 13 songs

1. Warning!
  2. NO GOD
  3. After Life
  4. Manners
  5. I still seek revenge.
  6. H-G-K
  7. サヨナキドリ(SAYONAKIDORI) -Nightingale
  8. Why Why Why
  9. CHEMICAL REACTION
  10. Giovanni
  11. 本懐(HONKAI) -Ambition
  12. BLACK HOLE
  13. without holding back

※Prices and recording contents are subject to change without prior notice.

BAND-MAID new album “Unseen World” SPECIAL BONUS FOR INTERNATIONAL FANS!
*“Unseen World” logo designed by SAIKI.

1 Like

@Masato They have a new song titled “NO GOD”. What a coincidence!

1 Like

Oh god hahaha. ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED! just kidding haha. Yeah that’s a big coincidence, hahaha. The overall package looks nice! You’re going to get the mega full special release? =P

1 Like

The limited edition would be best, but I have to survive from the upcoming Black Friday first. The album art looks creepy though. There are two tracks with the same title called “Manners” on both discs from the limited edition. I wonder if it’s a typo or they’re basically the same song.

The regular edition comes with a bonus track called “without holding back” which is an instrumental track according to what they performed earlier.

1 Like

Damn I really dig this, very nice to have the translations. You got me hooked on the band haha. Still have that Nogod vibe, I don’t know why haha. But for me it’s good! Cheers mate!

1 Like

What makes BAND-MAID special is that they care about their international fans. They try to communicate in English as much as possible because their objective is to conquer the world (with the music). This is why they have many fans around the globe.

Looks like this is the band’s current sound which is similar to some tracks on their previous album. To be honest, I didn’t like it on my first listen, but it’s growing on me. Hopefully, the new Log Horizon season which has Different as the opening theme song will make the band even more popular.

1 Like

“After Life” from the new album “Unseen World” will be released digitally on 2020/12/14.

1 Like

On January 13, we’ll be distributing 12 tracks of music ahead of time!
Starting with the advance distribution, new contents will be released every week for a month.
Don’t miss out on the ever-accelerating BAND-MAID as they prepare to NIPPON BUDOKAN OKYU-JI!

1 Like