Best Visual Kei looks of the Decade 2010-2020

So i decided to make another one of those topics haha :sweat_smile:. What are some of everyone favorite looks of 2010’s vkei. My favorite era of vkei right here. There is a lot to chose from so i basically chose the first couple bands that came to my mind and are memorable to me and posted a look or two i like from them. I like seeing different looks. Ill probably put more in the future or something but here my list. Note this will only include looks within that time frame. You can include a band that formed in like 2019 for example but you would only have to pick from looks before 2021. Have fun :slight_smile:

Mejibray

They have shown very unique and memorable looks over the past couple years and it has always been different and beautiful. Also cause this was back when koichi knew how to dress instead of what he looks like now >.<. There are sooo many looks i want put here but im limiting myself to a few that stand out to me the most.

Die Kusse (2013)

Mejibray - Messiah (2013)

Kizu

They have always shown time and time again different looks through there single releases. Always dressed in different and unique way i never would have imagined.

0 (2018)

Steroid (2018)

Xodiack

This is referring to the tail end of this bands end in 2012. They put out some nice looks for a little ahead of its time for 2010 and a really amazing PV for the Shinra Bansho -Setsuri- release. If you never checked it out i highly recommend it.

Kimi ni Furu Zetsubou no Ame (2010)

Dan (2011)

Marblehead

Im surprised my danm self that this band is here im not really fond of all their music but they had some decent looks for its time. Like the background theme goes with their looks and they always had something different to switch it up. Pretty nice. Note im not sure on which releases are for which photos they had multiple looks for one release so its hard to figure but the band lasted between 2012-2019.

Pentagon

Amazing visual and amazing band. These guys are more bight and coloful. My favorite was minpha he always had the cute innocent looks. All the other members were also cool too.

Call me (2015)

Shounen WALTZ (2015)

Lamiya

Last one. These guys had a nice sense of style i liked how everything was planned like part of a storybook from the visuals to the music. Its very beautifully executed.

Walpurgis (2018)

Prologue (2019)

8 Likes

My all-time favorite:

btw:

8 Likes

2010s were not my fav era musically, but the looks weren’t so bad

I’ll stop now or it will get out of hand

9 Likes

Bow down.

(i’m sorry, if I made anyone remember this)

4 Likes

the 2010s was the time where the looks started to get especially interesting (for me).
where in the 90s most bands looked very similar, in the 2000s they learned to differentiate themselves from other. In the 2010s they know what they were doing.
As well the makeup started to get especially interesting in that time.

these two; also, unironically, every the madna look out so far.

RAZOR is often times serving, but I liked their old drummer better than the new one.

6 Likes

oh, and this heffa, obviously

particularly, the outstanding weave

but he doesn’t have bad looks, periodT (shame same sentiment doesn’t apply to the music…)

8 Likes

Undoubtedly my favorite one would be:
Doku

Some others I love are:
Gore

DISGUST

Dead Children

Kebyo

Kuroyuri to kage

Nocturnal Bloodlust

Stigma

DIERRY CALL

DIMLIM

MonstlloW

D.I.D.

Dir En Grey

DOAK

llll-Ligro-

DictavE

Chaos†System

Mejibray

Malisend

Darian Marian

NAZARE

Kuroyuri to kage

Nihilizm
NihilizmJun2015

Insanity Injection

Gore

DEVILOOF

Also I think Keisuke had a perfect look in the 拷訊惨獄 mv:

14 Likes

Iconic :crown:

1 Like

Group looks:

Balalaika:

Archemi:

Miscellaneous:

Individuals:

Tsuzuku’s makeup in Mejibray:

Inori:

Miscellaneous:

12 Likes

Mikoto before he went for simpler outfits:

Majority of the costume budget definitely went to mikoto lmao:

16 Likes

Okay, here are some looks by D and Asagi :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

D - 7th Rose promo (2010)

Omg, this one was so cute!

In my opinion, their looks are always so amazing. :heart_eyes_cat:

11 Likes

Moran had some amazing aesthetics with their looks! Just one of many looks they had that I liked~!

5 Likes

Bands that were old school vkei turned soft vkei (S, maschera) oh 2010 and after my bad I don’t really read posts
Mix speaker’s inc is a personal favorite
and v(NEU) the restless album i liked it when they all dressed in white. Both snazzy and vanilla
and kra
and the kiddie
can’t forget about an cafe
or dragonWAPPPPPPPER
man almost forgot I was the last buglug fan in the known galaxy
are we supposed to post pictures?

If you want to sure :blush:

Some others:

As well as:

5 Likes

Just outstanding

5 Likes

Top iconic vk look of all time

12 Likes

All the lloks in this thread are great. I always had a soft spot for Kiryu’s look.

3 Likes

No one mothers better than mother

6 Likes