Covid vaccination and work/school experiences

If you do believe in your conspiracy anti-vaccination bullshit, than please stay in your caves and don’t get mad about the restrictions.

I’ll point out that we were hit with a year long lockdown following a chain of viral videos that never had their authenticity verified, which are perfectly compiled here with an overdramatized (and a paradoxically, hilarious) sound arrangement courtesy of Toronto Sun:

youtube.com/watch?v=Otjn0YMJNdE

China’s coronavirus is getting worse, viral videos show people dropping on the streets!

I also think it’s about time we started a cool corona thread, “the covid conspiracies” or something, but I really don’t care about the subject that much.
I had my life impacted by corona in ways I absolutely bloody hate and have no control over, and none of them are health or vaccine related.

This works both ways.

1 Like

Please ask yourself what this has to do with the original post by ghost or to nekkichi’s post. This thread is about people’s experience with how covid vaccinations have affected their jobs. Some people don’t want to take the vaccine for various reasons and I think they deserve to be at least heard, not ridiculed. That’s the least likely way to get someone to listen to you.

I don’t want this thread to turn into flame wars, but if I have to come back in here one more time I’m locking this thread.

4 Likes

Ok, let me put it another way. Your freedom of choice ends in the moment when it might put someone in danger. I strongly believe that freedom to live is the number one priority.

3 Likes

It has nothing to do with original post,but with some ridiculous statements that followed it.

Idk for me its just weird that you’ve removed my post instead of anti-vaxx ones.

3 Likes

Sure, they can have their freedom to live. They can keep a distance, wear a mask, take a jab and whatever will make them safe and healthy. But if they start nagging others to take a jab (if not required), wear a mask (if not required), then I’m sorry, but they are kinda getting asked to be told to GTFO and STFU.

1 Like

I didn’t remove your post because it was pro-vaxx. I removed your post because it has the potential to start a flame war. I made it so that no one could hit Reply, but I purposefully quoted your post to give context to my earlier response. Your post is still there, just hidden. It’s the best I can do given the tools provided to me by Discourse.

fwiw I’m not protecting any particular party in this debate. I have my shots, both because I want to believe in the science as well as because my job is mandating it by October 1st, so might as well get it over with anyway. If others don’t want to get their shots, that’s ultimately on them. They’re the ones that have to wear masks and practice social distancing for the unforeseen future (because it doesn’t look like COVID is going away) or risk getting sick and dying.

4 Likes

Fair enough.

I’m against forcing people, but i’m also against people who are spreading anti-science agenda. It’s destructive. They should keep it to themselves imo. You dont want it - ok, it’s your choice, but don’t cry over limitations that you will face.

Ok, I’m done here. Thank you for explanation.

4 Likes

yawn
https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD/status/1415705974850080780

https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD/status/1414755931544502279

One more proof of how vaccines save lives.

Oh, and about your previous post, ("Robert Malone, inventor of mRNA vaccines), that is fake. He did not, it is Dr. Katalin Karikó who invented them. He was a contributor, but turned into a major voice for right-wing extremists and started spreading misinformation.

this was directed to my prev. post that the board swallowed for w/e reason, I guess?

this one:

I’ll stick to the british numbers on the “saved lives” until clear data from the USA becomes available.

1 Like

Yes it was. I just didn’t know how to quote posts, lol.

Anyway, I’ll stick to the scientific facts on how deaths have drastically gone down with the vaccination.

And about Malone, you will prove nothing by quoting his own shit.

Reddit - Dive into anything

The topic above, on a subreddit of a known right-wing social media, discards his claims, so it is pretty clear he has contributed, but NOT INVENTED the vaccine.

the thing that i don’t get is what anti-vaccine, anti-lockdown people are wanting to happen?

if you don’t want to take any of the vaccines then fine, but we are going to need to be social distancing and going in and out of more extreme restrictions going forwards.

if you don’t want restrictions then fine, but mass vaccination (i.e. of not just the most vulnerable) is the best way to reduce the chances of that.

to not have either means overwhelmed health services: people dying in their homes, people dying in hastily erected marquees in hospital car parks because emergency services have nowhere inside the building to unload them to, operations cancelled, no icu capacity.

thousands and thousands of people dying, not just from covid, who we could otherwise save. small percentages of large numbers are still large numbers.

there aren’t many pleasant options in a pandemic.

i’m very tired.

6 Likes

Antivaxxers believe they are getting robbed of their freedom. They have a plethora of arguments (it is just a flu, or this is a fraudemic and vaccines are a plot of the chinese gov to track you via bluetooth), one more absurd then the other.

Of course, it is something very political, but only nutjobs like Bolsonaro defended the antivaxxers for so long (even Putin made his own vaccine). And now he and his supporters show the numbers, claiming Brazil is the second most vaccinated country in the world, when we should have been ahead of the US (Bolsonaro ignored e-mails from Pfizer in May 2020). It is just unbelieveable how people still support this guy (and I guess he will be reelected next year, because, well, Brazil).

1 Like

@nekkichi - I appreciate the info you’re bringing out. Thanks.

And let’s stop with all the anti-vax talk. Either talk about your own experience or post information of your own, but chill with all the anti-vax/pro-vax inflammatory bullshit. Everyone here can make their own decisions, and no one has to agree with your stance.

5 Likes

I’m not sure which people you are referring to exactly; if you brushed me under “anti vaccine” branch I’ll put it this way - I don’t want medicare mafia to have actual political power they were granted with this covid pandemic. I sort of explained why I’m against this situation, but judging by click numbers on media links I’m posting, I’m arguing with a wall here because reddit spills better tea :heart_eyes:

I will pull out an non-covid example, but if you think that pfizer cares about saving lives or improving anyone’s duration, or quality of life, here’s a reminder that they have shut down their entire neuroscience division several years ago because of its low immediate return on investment, and they currently hold hostage their entire research on a drug that had demonstrated success in prevention of Alzheimers (and this story sort of sank in the media ever since the pandemic started) that pfizer’s patent holding on has expired some time ago.

this is the company you all are shilling for with so much determination, while I don’t see any of the same pharma giants pulling investments into treating the disease, instead of forcing the vaccination process while being completely immune from being hold responsible.

you’re perfectly aware that the next seasonal non-covid pandemic will have a multiplied effect because of rising poverty, rising mental health instability, and the decline of medical care quality that came as a result of the covid lockdowns, and it was known by as early as last year, that isolated countries like Taiwan, Vietnam, and other third world asian spaces had working successful covid management strategies. I also really hate seeing non first world experience discarded and tossed out during this situation as well, because the world does not revolve around pfizer/moderna’s vaccination contract coverage.

it still is a slow evolving virus the mass media coverage of which hyperbolizes its severity, serving the interest of the “necessary” vaccination producers.

there’re several types of covid vaccines developed in Russia, with sputnik having the same trombosis risk as astrazeneca - it’s done with licensed technology from the US, and several inactivated virus alternatives, none of which are eligible or recognized by the EU free travel initiatives.

xx

8 Likes

I apologize for reading that particular comment the way I interpreted it.
we are on the same page for the most part of the conversation, and I didn’t mean to single you out with the pfizer shill comment.

I appreciate that you’re taking time to expand on your position here as well, because the thread is getting noisy in the recent days, and I actually have a lot of support towards what you are doing as a medical responder in the situation.

peace!

2 Likes

thank you, i appreciate that a lot, and i’m sorry that it wasn’t clear that i was not @ing anyone here.

2 Likes

One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.
A few days later when I call time of death, I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.
They cry. And they tell me they didn’t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldn’t get as sick. They thought it was ‘just the flu’. But they were wrong. And they wish they could go back. But they can’t.

3 Likes