Crystal Lake『THE LIGHT』Vocal Audition

To me the last guy seemed out of breath? I tried to listen to it again just now, and I can’t figure out if he actually is out of breath or if that’s just the way he naturally talks/sounds. Minhwa is still my favorite.

what’s sad is they most likely would want the foreign talent because they are better and you already saw their reaction to them in the first video

Wow i am surprised we still have foreigners with them
And they actually managed to travel to Japan.
Only one japanese vocal is left.

2 Likes

I have been so busy and tired from work these past 3 days that I completely forgot this is happening tomorrow! Sad to see Minhwa didn’t make it, but I’m still looking forward to who they’ll end up choosing

It’s not just you even Japanese fans are saying that.

1 Like

Has there been any news about how the live went? I know it was streamed but I missed it :frowning: I thought they’d announce the vocalist after the live… I guess they’ll use the footage from the live for another episode for the video series?

I don’t see Japanese fans talking about an official winner. Matt seems really popular with them though so they seem to feel like it will come down to either him or Raphael but I stopped checking when someone mentioned Ryo deleting all his tweets (I went to see and then forgot).

1 Like

On the instagram post with pictures from the live the English comments seemed to really like Matt as well.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

His whole twitter got indeed emptied.

From what i have seen from CLs fellow artists/ aquintances, i give my bet on John becoming the new vocal. I havent even seen one video if anyone else but him performed last night, in that second show.

1 Like

Yeah I’m starting to see more and more fans talking about him too. Like apparently he was out drinking with Mitsuru and YD.

I have watched the show. The Asian dude was plain horrible, he was constantly out of breath. Both John and Matt were on the same level to me.

Were they close to Ryo? Well, not quite, but they weren’t a huge downgrade.

If I were in the shoes of CL and if I had no pressure from the label, I would have just spent more time looking for a more capable Japanese singer — this feels like a far better long term decision.

2 Likes

I saw some fans speculating that they would pop up with a vocalist that wasn’t even featured in this competition.

1 Like

Inb4 it’s Kagami :rofl:

Why come up with a vocal who is in a stable band thou?

Ikepy has nothing to do since Her Name in Blood disbanded.
And then there is still Satoken/Shvna, ex-abstracts, whose back up vocals where on two albums from Crystal Lake eitherway already. CL just need to see to talk one of them into it :laughing:

Everyone want a Ryo clone apparently, How about we just accept, that a new vocal will high likley bring a new style along too.
When CL changed from Kentaro to Ryo, their sound didnt stay the exact same either.

1 Like

I meant in terms of singing quality. It doesn’t matter what style they use — I am talking about technique.

As I said, the Asian dude sucked — his technique was horrible. The weatern guys were fine, but not quite impressive in terms of range.

2 Likes

Crystal Lake’s account followed Raphael back on Instagram.
Meanwhile they seem to not have followed the others back.

1 Like

its turning into “keeping up with crystal lake”

truth be told, i am slowly getting tired of caring about them. If they would at least put finally subs for foreign fans, but nah nothing

1 Like

Oh I am done too they are doing another round of this (YD says it in the video there’s another season about the 3) and I just can’t be assed to care. I also just felt like shit hearing other people sing these songs. I found out about the band during the Ryo era and didn’t initially know he had replaced someone but all of this is just weird to me. I’m over the Voice: Crystal Lake edition. I still think it will be between Raphael and John (he’s at least studying Japanese).

I initially liked the idea of a youtube series, because I figured they’d have a few episodes about the tryouts and would announce the new vocalist after the live. Ffs my attention span (and emotional investment) isn’t enough for this :weary:
Random vlogs or recording diaries or whatever would be fine as well, but this is just them prolonging their vocalist-less-ness (I’m tipsy and therefore allowed to make up words) and turning it into a show.
And also I don’t like Raphael, so I don’t feel like watching content he’s in…

Looks like they’ll have another season in 2023 because they want to get a better feel of the vocalist humanity, sense and so forth before they choose one. Sounds like Matt has been studying since he arrived and John enrolled in a school so that’s cool. To me it seems like they like the other 2 compared to Raphael. They talk about Matts screams sounding different from Japanese vocalist and John having an amazing stage performance which is something that embodies Crystal Lake. So I’m guessing they’ll spend more time with the vocalists and maybe hold some lives. They did say they read all the messages they received but need to decide as a group who should be their next vocalist.

3 Likes