deadman

Didn’t think it warrants its own thread, so just dropping the info here: the band released a fanclub-only DVD titled “documentary of genealogie der moral” on 2025/03/29. The DVD documents the 2024 album tour, and is apparently 3 hours 38 minutes long. :flushed_face:

7 Likes

Whaaaaat. Damn, gonna have to pick that up.

I have the DVD (and i watched the whole thing too) any questions hmu!

1 Like

Making my way through it.

New EP coming.

3 Likes

just posted!

7 Likes

「to be and not to be final -被覆する造形は人、腫れる風船の奇病-」was an amazing show.

I love that they decorated the stage. Highest effort / budget I’ve seen from deadman so far lol.

Apparently they used the fake snow effect for the first time since 2006. When Mako looked up as the snow was falling it was absolutely magical.

Was a bit surprised they didn’t play their new song, though.

2 Likes
4 Likes
2 Likes


NIN worship :100:

4 Likes

I had forgotten about this band and just listened to In the direction of…

And OH MY GOD!

Would someone be so kind as to explain what happened to the band during erm basically the 20 last years? What about their new recodings? Do we know why they split and how they came back together?
Thank you so much.

They came back a few years ago (2019 already?). Maco had a short-lived solo project and aie was the one who never left the industry. He went on to form the studs, the god and death stars (what was more a kind of session project but then became a more constant band with proper releases) and other bands along some veterans. When it comes to the reason why they disbanded, I have no idea if they ever explained why exactly. However, they were around for 6 years, which is really impressive when it comes to Nagoya kei hahaha (kein, Lamiel and Blast lasted 3 years, Phobia 5 years…).

2 Likes

Maco mentioned things got too real whenever he continued to perform deadman songs since they were very personal to him. He explained he’s able to handle performing under ‘deadman’ now since it’s just aie that returned w him and not a full-on comeback of the band

5 Likes

I find that Maco thing funny, since I think they’ve been active for 6 or 7 years now since their reunion. I think Maco will take things with less pressure now, even though he’s in two active bands and one is with a major label :joy: I really don’t know what happened in the past, because that explanation didn’t work for me.

2 Likes

but it feels like a full comeback! Anyway glad that he overcame his mental issues :slight_smile:

1 Like

As long as og drummer and bassist don’t fully return (they’ve done a few? lives together earlier in the reunion), he says he’s good cause it’s not actually deadman lol

Ain’t both Kein and Deadman major now?

A user wrote for their wiki page: “The vocalist said he turned down previous offers because he did not want to reignite the mental “trauma” he suffered from during and after Deadman, but agreed this time because with just Aie, Tetsu and himself.” (correct me if that’s wrong since I know there were interviews that went into depth, I just don’t remember which ones)

Although I also personally wonder if deadman first ended due to possible tension between band members during the OG run + also having to sing deeply personal lyrics that Maco eventually took years to be able to overcome said trauma. There’s probably more to it, or not.

3 Likes