deadman

Just a thread for Deadman appreciation. Deadman is my favorite Vkei band. From i got into vkei i noticed that most non- metal vkei groups have a similar vibe when it comes to music. Deadman was one of the first band that really broke that pattern for me and widened my horizon to other types of non-metal Vkei bands.

On a side note: I feel as though deadman should be considered a Grunge vkei-band. Mako claimed to have taken influences from Nirvana. I noticed that some of their songs gives a similar vibe to bands like Nirvana, Pixies and Soundgarden. According to Wikipedia, Deadman is also classified as Alternative rock which is very vague because there are various sub-genres under Alt rock, one of which, is Grunge.

4 Likes

oh yeah those kein wannabes

9 Likes

Mabye because they were formed by former kein members? Of course they are gonna sound similar. Why would you want to a be a group you were already in?

What if deadman and kein did a live together?

906m

6 Likes

That would actually be so cool! Realistically, though, i doubt it would ever happen. They probably left for a reason.

Not sure if this was sarcasm or not, but they actually did do a live together, earlier this year! :wink:

4 Likes

It was indeed sarcasm but I had no idea they did that! That’s rad!

2 Likes

Kein+lynch. next

2 Likes

Oh yeah! I think I heard about this and forgot wwww

1 Like

Would be cool! lynch. already did a few lives with deadman, so kein would be the next logical step. :smiley:

Love this French shinobi look by Mako and casual god Aie. In reality that’s probably $1000+ of Rick Owens Mako is wearing.

4 Likes

aie baseball cap??

Shocked he’s not wearing his long brim, but it’s not always practical either.

I got really into Deadman the past few days. Kicking myself for overlooking them for so long. Listening to Follow the Night Light in loop

6 Likes

It’s never too late to get into deadman, in fact I’d argue there’s no time better than the present!

6 Likes

Welcome to the family~ :kissing_closed_eyes:

In case you haven’t seen it yet, their official channel has their last pre-hiatus live DVD up!

21 songs of deadman goodness somewhat upscaled to HD (btw this is the regular version of the DVD, the full uncut live consisted of almost twice as many [!!!] tracks).

4 Likes

Great choice. Waiting this long mean you have a nice, full discography to dig into.