DeepL translator

DeepL is neural network made for translating.
It got quite a lot of praise in the news in my country recently. I gave it a try and it looks pretty good.

Try it out and share your thoughts on it.
Don’t know if this is the right category for this post.

4 Likes

This is the site I use 95% of the time and it keeps getting better it’s improved a lot in just the last 6 months.

1 Like

I use deepl almost exclusively now when trying to write people in Japanese.
I use google translate to translate whole pages basically since it’s just more convenient to do that in browser.

I never learned how to write Japanese or proper grammar for that matter but from years of ‘reading’ Japanese blogs and lyrics, I notice that the translation deepl provides is a little off here and there.

Sometimes the sentence structure and the way it romanizes certain words are clearly off from what I know is correct. In the latter case, I don’t think any online translator will know when to use katakana versus hiragana so it’s understandable that I have to correct those issues.

And for English to German, it’s really damn accurate too. I have no complaints there.

1 Like

Translator programs are good for aproximate translations. I don’t think that will change anytime soon. I usually don’t use them, I just search for translations someone else did.

I know, but I don’t really mind if I don’t have translation for something. With music I usually go by
feel when listening, when I have translation, that’s bonus. I don’t usually listen to stuff about “love and friendship” :grin:. But I understand what you mean by that.

1 Like