DEVILOOF - Dystopia

If my edition is the premium one and it is by hand made by mail … with a signed poster plus other things, including cds with all the songs in instrumental version and cd with demos of the songs

Demo and live limited are to different things not that a demo couldn’t be live limited. Demo is an abbreviation of demonstration which is a raw track before mastering, mixing, and construction. That’s why a demo should always sound raw. Although often times a band will label something a demo just as a marketing gimmick even though it’s fully produced just like any other release. But if it is truly a demo it will most definitely sound raw before construction.

Edit: Good examples being Dir en Grey’s songs Diablos (demo 2010) or Dozing Green (before construction).

1 Like

Nothing you just said was new to me now listen to the goddamn song ffs

2 Likes

Anyone have a track list for the demo/instrumental?

1 Like

To be honest I find 30-40 mins a pretty decent run time for a death metal album. It’s not down to laziness, but two things in my opinion, firstly 1 hour + of non-stop deathcore/death metal (unless something really varied and special) would become a hard listen and probably be a bit tedious overall whereas keeping it shorter is a good amount to digest without getting to that point. Also, you have to remember a lot of that stuff is also pretty technical and highly intense to play compared to a lot of j rock bands who mix in a lot of slower parts + the bland/generic v kei simple chord progressions in the chorus. So I mean, if youve got as much going on in one song as three or four generic j rock songs then I’d say a shorter tracklist is fair enough. As for the album, it was ok, decent enough but nothing mind blowing or new if you’re a regular listener to the more brutal tunes but I wouldn’t say it’s “bad” or anything.

5 Likes

100% agreed on the runtime. Slayer’s Reign in Blood is 25 minutes and is considered one of the best metal albums of all time. Deviloof has ten minutes on them. Long runtimes aren’t always a good thing.

5 Likes