DEVILOOF new digital single, "Everything is all lies" release

DEVILOOF new digital single, “Everything is all lies” will be released on 10/20

Source

1 Like

Exactly, majority of your career is a lie.

4 Likes

This has to be intentional. seriously, how spiteful can people be?

3 Likes

If this one sucks too just like their major debut (that just had to be a killer but was a dud), I will declare the band officially dead.

1 Like

Sheesh did they take a chapter out of oj Simpson “if i had done it” book? I wonder good old tanuki is saying about it?

2 Likes

Whoever might hold the truth in the rights of the songs. If you make a song explicitly about that as your first major single you are a dissapointment.

1 Like

I’m gonna need the lyrics for this one.

4 Likes

Even knowing a large chunk of my favourite material wasn’t really theirs I quite enjoy DEVILOOF.

I’m quite hoping this is just really poor timing on releasing this single and it’s unrelated to the drama, because otherwise DEVILOOF will go the way of O.J.

1 Like

NCBL also did this kind of thing right?

1 Like

apparently this is the story behind it, according to Jrock News

vocalist Keisuke, driven by frustration with the proliferation of unreliable self-help books and information in the world, imparts a powerful message: “Don’t succumb to influence and live with your own thoughts!”.

3 Likes

What drama?

Original guitarist and original main composer Seiya is taking legal action due to unpaid royalties and songwriting credit, it’s generally believed that up until somewhere in Dystopia (From what I can tell it’s unsure if Dystopia has any Seiya material) all DEVILOOF songs were written around at minimum the guitars written by him, but it seems more likely he wrote almost all of it other than the lyrics.

Edit: This is after he attempted contacting them and working something out amicably, but did not get a response for over a year.

4 Likes

Kinda unfortunate title with all the drama, probably was better to keep that one in the drafts for a while. Even if it’s not related to the mess at all, that’s a bad look

2 Likes

i kinda respect they’re giving clown-kei a chance to last marginally longer than it would manage otherwise, but they do it in a hella bizarre way

are they going to be dissing each other with seiya, releasing cryptic, passive-aggressively titled singles?

6 Likes

I’m Deviloof’s #1 hater but I think there’s possibly been some jumping the gun on this one. Title sounds typical for them.

3 Likes

tbh I wish it was a disstrack but it’s not :disappointed:

2 Likes

sounds like it’s only a disstrack to “Everything” :yawning_face:

1 Like

Their entire discography is a lie. Quick someone get the popcorn :popcorn: lol jk jk :sweat_smile:

1 Like

we so need a thread or something devoted to memes of this :smiley:

https://vxtwitter.com/_deviloof_/status/1714974829437387169?s=46&t=jdzvM0DjE-JQx0KfauAocA