DIR EN GREY announces EUROPE TOUR24 FROM DEPRESSION TO ________ [mode of Withering to death. & UROBOROS]

Nah.
Kyo was only saying “Bye bye” instead of showing foxes and stuff. Of course he wasn’t happy and doesn’t want to return for next overseas tours.

2 Likes

They made a survey for the tour to hear people’s opinions: DIR EN GREY EUROPE TOUR24 SURVEY

4 Likes

Topics discussed in every Dir en grey thread:

1. Complaining about the production quality of a release

2. Polish fans

3. “They’re on the verge of breaking up”

4. “They’ll never do another overseas tour”

5. “The band hates their overseas fans”

6. “The band hates touring overseas”

7. “lol Adidas”

8. Complaining about Sustain the Untruth

9. Someone mentions Mike Patton

17 Likes

Amazing lives. Oberhausen was the calm before the storm, I expected Berlin 1 to be similar, but it was the complete opposite and the best out of the three. VIP was very worth it, I was able to shoot them all a quick “azasu” and “omedetou” to Toshiya. Kyo did not wear a bag by the way.
The crowd on both Berlin dates was absolutely amazing, of course there’s a few outliers like the “Shinya” screaming girl, but oh well.
Other than that, sadly a lot of the small merch was sold by the time I wanted to buy something. I heard that some fans bought multiple omamori charms, someone apparently even five of both versions -.-

9 Likes

Yeah… that was my first complaint in the survey. They will surely sell them later for higher prices and that’s shitty to fellow fans and to the band…

I was not sure if she loved Shinya a bit to much or wanted to scare him away…

I did bitch about this on a survey…
Well, I wanted to purchase some lucky bags and postcards, BUT OH WELL. Thankfully, these fangirls aren’t into 2XL t-shirts.

4 Likes

don’t forget

1. Shinya became an drum sample bot
4 Likes

Spot on to be fair.

The more time goes on, as much as I think he’s a great vocalist and performer he does seem like quite a big prima donna and honestly I feel like he’s just a bit of an a-hole in general. Haha.

4 Likes

I think it’s less primadonnism, and more that he is old, tired and pissed. But that doesn’t mean he can’t be an asshole too

Not that I care tho

The chances I’ll have an opportunity to watch an diru live are close to zero, not affected at all by this

Yeah, doesnt affect my enjoyment of their music or watching their shows, just would be nice if he could just show a bit of appreciation to fans. Haha. Im sure loads of people made a fair bit of effort to see them while they were here with having to make travel plans and such to see the show(s) so is just a bit lame when he cant even be bothered to say “thankyou” “arigatou” or make an appreciative gesture such as a bow or clapping the audience or something. All the other guys hung about after the last song to throw picks and stuff and generally seemed appreciative before going off stage. Kyo was off basically before his mic hit the ground after saying “baibai” haha.

1 Like

Sometimes the things you love just don’t love you back. He is still doing oversea concerts even when he does not like it that much so that’s something, I guess?

Captain positive over here preaching. :laughing: Well without anyone attending those shows the whole tour would have been a failure so I guess it would be nice to at least show a mild amount of appreciation for people who have made an effort to see and support what you do no? Bottom line is whatever your art is, without support you’ll never ge a success with it so ya know…

1 Like

you answer too normie, but there’s a thought behind this reply

4 yearrs of drought + the thought of performing old hits in non-asian countries = easy win, IMO.

So yeah, this tour was almost sold-out and also kinda successful. Good for the band, gonna be waiting for them here again.

50-year-olds don’t walk around thinking that they’re they’re going to drop dead the next year

1 Like

Let’s face it, ‘Fuck you, London’ during TDFF is the best we’re going to get :joy:

2 Likes

Seems like it doesn’t it? Haha.

This is why I don’t follow band members and other people that produce stuff I like on social media.

The shows were great and I got what I’d hoped to get (and then some) out of them, while the band got paid what they asked for. That’s all that really matters.

Why should I give a fuck whether the band members who don’t even know my name enjoy travelling or woke up in a good mood this morning? All getting invested in parasocial stuff like that achieves is just tainting my own perceptions of the experience I had.

9 Likes

That’s a healthy approch. I do follow them but honestly I don’t wanna know too much. I follow their stage personas and I know the real person is probably diffrent. But I think there is also fun in seeing stuff like Sightseeing photos or a picture of local food they had. As long as people are aware and don’t let it ruin their enjoyment, I think we can induldge in a little bit of parasocial relationship.
(Says the person, who has a framed photo of Toshiya on her dresser and is in his fanclub, haha :grimacing:)

3 Likes

I don’t know about the other shows but I was at the very front on the 2nd night in Berlin and he did make a bunch of appreciative gestures before leaving. He pointed to everyone in front of him, put his hand on his heart multiple times and almost bowed
I agree that he’s a bit of an ass at times but I think ppl also exaggerate everything he does haha

9 Likes

Yup. He pointed from his eyes to the crowd (the “I see you” gesture???) and seemed to be pleased (for his standards) by the engagement of the crowd.

5 Likes