DIR EN GREY New Album "PHALARIS" Release

this is the only vkei release i’ve cared about in what seems like forever

5 Likes

I totally disagree. thanks to ARCHE, I became interested in DEG. I also really liked TIW. I think this new album is going to go in the direction of the last one, judging by the previous singles.

Besides, I’m looking forward to The Insulated World final live. Too bad it looks like it’s not going to happen.

6 Likes

Well, to be fair, the only song that we haven’t got a live rendition of is Celebrate Empty Howls. Dunno if it’s a big loss.
… Well, also Followers (live audio only as Ochita’s b-side).

Plus, I’m kinda glad they didn’t play TIW Screams of Alienation. Those setlists were weird. Kinda have a feeling TIW doesn’t really work with other albums (hence the Insulated part, lol).

1 Like

oh yeah! give us art, give us fashion, give us new PVs, I’m perched

1 Like

TIW was fantastic, very much looking forward to this (as always).

4 Likes

I’m hype :eyes::eyes: can’t wait for the preview to see what we’re gonna get this time!

Will they double down on Oboro jizz kei? Only time will tell.

4 Likes

HELL YEAH, LETS GO BOIZ- NEW DIR EN GREY ALBUM!!!
HIDE: YAY!!

2 Likes

Or it can be a sequel to Oboro, with allusion to the Japanese domestic fucker family lyrics.

But what remakes, live tracks and wonky remixes is the limited edition super deluxe version going to have :thinking:

3 Likes

Asking the REAL questions!

In a perfect world they’d just throw a Kisou Rebuild for the 20th anniversary, but that’s not going to happen. Assuming they stuck to the formula they did with TIW my guesses would look something like

Saku
Marmalade Chainsaw or audience KILLER LOOP
Then something like Repetition of Hatred or Grief

7 Likes

RE-DO PINK KILLER.

9 Likes

Guessing these will be bonus disc live tracks, then there’ll be some remakes:

T.D.F.F.
CLEVER SLEAZOID
The World of Mercy
possibly Oboro and/or Ochita.

3 Likes

Merciless Cult
Hotarubi
Increase Blue

4 Likes

It’s never too late for Garden -666-.

16 Likes

GARDEN!

itsu no hi ka wa deaeru to nega-ah-tAAAAWWWARARAGAGAHAGG-awr

11 Likes

Announcements of announcements are always ‘fun’. Early Summer is still six months away…
Now the waiting begins.

I quite like the model of bands dropping full albums as soon as they’re ready, complete with Order Now buttons.

Well, TIW was announced 3 months before the release, and many complained about it being rushed.
…On the other hand, I hated how we had to wait 9 months for Arche.

So yeah, half a year of waiting seems…eh, alright to me. Hopefully we’ll get some radio edits of a new song(s) a month before the release (or smth like that).

No doubt TIW was rushed, but that’s not because it was announced too soon, it was because they spent too little time on the writing process.

According to the website, PHALARIS is also complete. In this case, it seems they announced it right when it was sent to printing, so we have to wait for the factories and distribution services to do their thing.

img_npbk

1 Like

I quite like the model of bands dropping full albums as soon as they’re ready, complete with Order Now buttons.

Unfortunately this won’t be the case with DEG, any other band on their label or even (bigger) VK band.
Even when they announce an album which you can order right away, rest assured it’s the contract which defines the release date, not whether the band/album is ready or not