DIR EN GREY

Amber is my favorite song and I’d be happy to see it live, but I’d trade it in to be in the crowd for Ugly.

If anyone knows has better cuts of Kigan from that tour, please let me know. This arrangement is phenomenal: https://youtu.be/CCXOnwvjxM8

I will give my life to listen Macabre live. Any version is fine

Definitely would like to see Itoshisa. Bonus points for different lyrics.

1 Like

Macabre -揚羽ノ羽ノ夢ハ蛹- Tears Of Scorpion Mix

6 Likes

2011 they played Zakuro in Bochum, Germany. :flushed: I was there and I literally cried.

3 Likes

I’d kill it they played al least three songs form Six Ugly. Such underrated banger!

4 Likes

They just uploaded a trailer for the upcoming live performance 疎外 (Sogai) at Tokyo Garden Theater on 2021/05/06.

2 Likes

F: you also played Umbrella, so will you be playing more old songs?
K: Anything is okay except 'Toriko’. There’s a drums solo in the end, it’s so long and the switch to the next song gets so confusing.

Haha, waiting for Garden then.

3 Likes

the drum solo is the best part of the song though

5 Likes

Toshiya made an Instagram account:
https://www.instagram.com/toshiya_direngrey/

11 Likes

So, out of all songs, Rinkaku is the most difficult for Shinya because of kick drum. Okay, he officially aknowledged that his legwork isn’t that good.

3 Likes

One of my favorite bands for sure. And the first concert I ever went to (when I was about 13 years old). It was when they had just released Dozing Green and were on a Europe tour, in Amsterdam. After that I saw them again on their Uroboros tour. Uroboros and Dum Spiro Spero will always be two very special albums to me, with Dum Spiro Spero showing me: ‘ah, this is what music also can be’, haha.

Good lord. I guess he doesn’t practice.

a kisou patrician, or a TIW plebeian?.. you can only be one or other:

thank u filth PV comment box for provoking this deeply philosophic exchange… now that the actual video is approaching 20 years of age, the performance bro-art of Deg stans old vs new is where the actual critical value of this band has moved onto… \m/

Hasn’t it always been this way?

1 Like

What’s weird for me is that old and new still lines up with the Decade albums in my mind. Uroboros nostalgia always catches me off guard for a moment before I remember how long it’s been.

one sad sexually two sad sexually…

2 Likes

I miss the time when bro-art didn’t exist yet, wbu?

Like back in the exclusively visual era? I do remember the big hissy fit everyone threw around six Ugly and that’s really the earliest I would draw the new versus old line, but I would have thought everyone to have gotten over it by now. Don’t really know what Zakur0hako is on because he probably wasn’t even a fan during the visual era and is only clout chasing people that stopped listening to this band ages ago.

Then somewhere around Uroboros/DSS I would say there’s another divide of people who like their new sound and people who don’t and prefer the VULGAR-WtD-MOAB string of albums. We haven’t quite gotten over that change in sound yet, but they’ve been stuck on this sound of theirs for quite a while and it’s only recently with the new singles that I see anything new beginning to form.

Having said all that I could live without people endlessly rehashing the same old vs. new argument in YouTube comments because it doesn’t get us anywhere.

1 Like