DIR EN GREY

Is this the only video of him playing drums on his channel?

Yep

why did no one before tried this? (at least not in the VK scene)
this is brilliant!!

1 Like

New tour, huh. That’s… underwhelming.

the setlist for tonight was cute

3 Likes

If they would swap Ochita with The Final - then we would get the most generic DEG encore.

1 Like

I only hope they release the new album this year.

1 Like

Thanks, I fucking hate it.

i was going to ask how you hate anything with 空谷の跫音 on before remembering that i’m the only person in the world who likes it

1 Like

I like 空谷の跫音, too. One of my most favourite ballads from them.

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with it, but that setlist fucking sucks.

For their big return it looks like they decided to grace the Japanese public with the worst setlist I’ve seen them play in a long, long time. At least now they know how we feel over here.

What’s with the negativity? Sure, Sustain the untruth and Hageshisa are horrendously overplayed. Otherwise, it seems fine. Can someone explain to me why it’s bad?

1 Like

Is Ochita going to become the new overplayed Encore song?

Kuukoku might be the worst Dir ballad of all time. Absolute bore.

this is illegal

4 Likes

It’s a mixed bag for me.
Starting with acoustic Dozing Green is awesome, but having Zetsuentai and Kukoku back-to-back feels so snoozefesty.
Then we have an overall good flow (4 heavy+catchy songs, 2 more beautiful songs, 2 pretty heavy ones), and then we have Oboro and Kasumi back-to-back. Kinda thematical, not gonna lie.
But damn, that encore is generic as fuck, I’m sorry. Obscure, STU, Hageshisa… that’s too much of generic to me.
And, I guess, Ochita is gonna replace Utafumi.

So yeah, my main gripe is Zetsuentai+Kukoku combo and encore.

1 Like

To each their own. I love it, personally.

Now I’m wondering what the worst DEG setlist ever would look like. Obviously the most boring is just the current album + overplayed singles like Sustain and Hageshisa.

For me, it’d be this (across their entire career, 20 songs max, no remixes included):

Soshaku
Devote My Life
THE IIID EMPIRE (2018)
Celebrate Empty Howls
Kiri to Mayu (2012)
Akatsuki
Hydra 666
GLASS SKIN
Merciless Cult
ROTTING ROOT
Jesus Christ R 'n R
Shitatarou Morou
LOTUS
GARDEN

audrey
MASK
OBSCURE (2011)
Sustain the untruth
Hageshisa to…

Thing is, a lot of these songs are now considered deep cuts, so it’d be interesting to an extent. I’d probably still enjoy this show but would be bored at many points throughout.

Welp, I definitely agree with at least 65% percent of this list.
Would keep Devote, Empire, Hydra 666, maybe Merciless Cult, but I don’t care about everything else.

Devote My Life is okay, I’d just prefer almost anything else from that album.
THE IIID EMPIRE remake has that abhorrent out of tune section which kills the song, and Kyo’s “SPANK & SPANK” mispronunciation is kinda cringe. Much prefer the original.
Hydra 666… I’ve never really liked. I find it predictably formulaic.
Merciless Cult is a good song, just overplayed.