DIR EN GREY

Can understand that about Devote My Life, not very ear-friendly, haha.
Talking about THE IIID EMPIRE remake… I’ve heard it live in 2018, and Kyo didn’t fuck up that part. On the contrary, it felt like they’ve played Vuglar version with remake bass solo.
Hydra 666 is my guilty pleasure, I guess. Especially its early performance (without growls) and whenever Kyo remains silent during Die’s flicka-flicka part. I can’t help it :sweat_smile:
Now, Merciless Cult…

Maybe it’s because they’ve played it during every show of This Way to Self-Destruction tour.

Look at this curve on Sustain the untruth. I’ve never seen anything more beautiful.
Yes, there was barely any touring between 2020-2021. Still, hopefully this shows that the song will finally go away.
My problem with removed songs is that DEG considers them to be ‘classics’ that are broken out as a special treat. I cannot fathom how anyone would consider STU to be worthy of this privilege. Anyway, if it goes away, at least it won’t be guaranteed.

2 Likes

Would be glad for STU to go away, true.
I heard it live once, and that’s more that enough for me.

1 Like

Very neat how they opened with Dozing Green acoustic. I really hope they give The Pledge another chance on this next tour. It sucks they couldn’t get it right last time.

1 Like

According to a concert attendee, they were pretty off their game during this performance.
Its probably best they started off with this setlist.

You definitely aren’t the only one, that’s easily one of my favorite Diru songs.

1 Like

Kiri to Mayu 2012 is rad as fuck, I will fight you

6 Likes

best taste club

1 Like

I’m not interested in fighting. The song just doesn’t do anything for me. Sorry.

What’s up with all the negativity here lmao. None of you even attended the show, why are you mad about the setlist? Everyone who went there and wrote reports/impressions seemed to have the time of their lives.

There was a pretty decent live recording of this that came with… TiW limited if I recall correctly?

And all the foreigners there to see them for this gig are total marks anyway and they’d like the band no matter what they do, lol. People just clamor for deep cuts, and this one had none of them.

i would high key pay for a setlist of audrey played on loop for 2 hours tbh

5 Likes

I listed audrey because it’s not only that I don’t like it much, it’s that the band themselves seem embarrassed by its existence. I figure if DEG aren’t having fun, neither is anyone else.

3 Likes

As a foreigner who didn’t attend, and is mad about the setlist; this set list is a bit too safe, considering that they’ve been hinting at deep cuts lately (i.e. setlists from the MEGURO ROCKMAYKAN gig).

1 Like

It’s not right that Jealous was planned from the beginning for their big return to the live stage, and they brought Obscure 2011 in its place.

Not that I think this is an awful setlist. It… rewards patience.

2 Likes

This makes me think they’re working on something big. A new album has to be just around the corner.

A Knot International would be incredible.

1 Like

Next year is their 25th anniversary, so they better prepare something good, haha.
Although, I don’t remember if they had something special for 2012 (especially since Kyo had throat treatment during that year).

1 Like

I don’t think we have a dedicated sukekiyo thread, so I’ll drop it here:
If you spend 10k or more on the new (and old) DUMMY merch, you get a new SUKEKIYO demo tape, 愛した心臓 (Aishita Shinzō).

5 Likes

why does this cover need to be so good aaah!
I aren’t willing to pay 10.000 Yen for this but this looks so good.