DIR EN GREY

Apparently they did JEALOUS and 惨劇の夜… no confirmation yet but I’ll post the setlist as soon as I can lol

4 Likes

2 Likes

8 Likes

why does it say “First time since 2004” if they played it on 2021? Is it because of the no live crowd?

was it a piano version, or a full-band one? I don’t remember the latter played in a very long time.

I always thought those call outs like “first time since…” or “shot in one take” were kinda funny and just used to build hype.

looks like the full band one

2 Likes

These set lists are out of fucki’n control.

Yes. Notice how I put the “live” in there for JEALOUS, but not for Sangeki no Yoru? That’s why :smiley:

@ghost “Shot In One Take” is actually part of the song name, but since setlist.fm doesn’t list songs based on title variants, I put it in the notes.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. I was meaning in general. Other bands do that as well in some shape or form, but I think it’s funny from a marketing standpoint.

In this case I didn’t realize it was setlist.fm related thing since I’m not on there.

do you know if the show was recorded?

maybe for a future a-knot- only release? i wouldve prefer a show from this tour than the bonus one included on the next live dvd they’re releasing

Yes, it was filmed. Will we actually see JEALOUS and Sangeki no Yoru? Who knows. Remember that they didn’t include JEALOUS on Oboro either.

2 Likes

hopefully if they make it aknot only release we might get it since it was a big anniversary show right?

but yeah, who knows?

Why would you do sustain the untruth or un deux for an encore? :zipper_mouth_face:

Ngl I actually wouldn’t mind Un deux as an encore. It’s got a hell of a lot of energy, and remains one of my favorites off of Arche. Shit absolutely bops

1 Like

I just relistened to it and I can see it now, not gonna lie.

Right? Plus it has the benefit of sitting more what I hear as Kyo’s comfort zone, which would make it easier to maintain at the end of a long set. Unlike STU’s chorus which we’ve all heard too many of his bad nights trying to hit those notes (though I maintain there’s something endearing about the ‘mode of Withering to Death’ performance that keeps me coming back to it)

But I’m also one of those weird people that doesn’t hate STU, I actually think it’s a pretty good song even among the rest of Diru’s canon. If they’d played it when I saw them on their last NA tour I would’ve been throwing down hard in the pit. Though I do think it works way better as an opener, or somewhere in the middle of a set right after something with a slower energy.
I get that everybody is tired of it though, it seems like it’s been the encore to like 80% of their shows since it dropped as a single

3 Likes

Before Sangeki no Yoru was performed on May 5, 2023, the last time it was performed by Dir En Grey was on February 19, 2001. It now holds the record for the biggest gap between two performances with 22 years, 2 months and 16 days (8110 days total).

Songs that can beat this record (and the date of their last [known] performance):

• 刹那(1997/10/30〜)
  • 霧と繭(1997/10/30〜)
  • 新曲2(1998/08/3〜)
  • 藍紫色(1998/11/2〜)
  • Ash (1997 Ver.)(1999/12/5〜)
  • 虜(2000/04/13〜)
  • Erode(2001/01/19〜)
  • GARDEN(2001/04/27〜)

I guess they’ll be treating us with a studio remake on their next single if they got the urge to replay it again…

My jaw would dislocate itself if they ever played Setsuna live.