DIR EN GREY

when it comes to the Kai vinyl, I’m never joking

1 Like

What is this seller even thinking? Seriously thats mental or some kind of mistake… haha.

Usually this kind of pricing I only seei f people sell several things in one post because there is no real price for the whole set and they don’t want to misslead people with a low price. But this looks like just one item, so yeah makes no sense. Maybe they just wanna show of what they have? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Saw this on PeriX’s translation on youtube. I wonder if anyone can say anything about this

3 Likes

checked my copy just to make sure and yes that is canon

2 Likes

Yeah, he used a couple of strange credits at that time:

• I love レゲエ パピオン (I love Reggae Papillon) is a fake name used by Dir en grey vocalist Kyo exclusively on かすみ.

• アントニー佐々木ポッタリー (Anthony Sasaki Pottery) is a fake name used by Dir en grey vocalist Kyo exclusively on Drain Away.

• マイケルジャクサン (Michael Jacksan) is a fake name used by Dir en grey vocalist Kyo exclusively on Child Prey.

• 竹村 京 (Takemura Kyo) is a fake name used by Dir en grey vocalist Kyo exclusively on Embryo.

His position was also credited as various things:
Deadly Logical Vox on JESSICA
BØX on かすみ
京都市出身 on embryo
and as PROPHET on THE FINAL, -saku-, VULGAR and possibly others

Before all that, he was credited as “Vocal” and afterwards as “Voice”, I think

7 Likes

Not to be a party pooper they often put that price on mercari when people want to see extra pictures etc, or confirm something else after something is already bought. They call it “kakuninyou 確認用”

3 Likes

By the way I just rewatched the PV of Oboro.
Then it hit me.

Is Kyo the only one who keeps the “yourself getting born”-kei alive?

1 Like

mommy-issues-kei is his whole shtick at this point

More than a meme, you really think Kyo has serious mommy issues?

1 Like

Shit, i wouldnt be shocked.

Kyo does often tend to use personae in his work. However, since this motif recurs so often, it must be something deeply personal to him.
Either that or it’s an allegory for some other trauma.

This is pretty blatant:

Devote My Life
It’s not your fault that I want to die
I’m just regretting ever being born
It was already a mistake when I was born
to die in
Father, Mother, please forgive me
loved you
I want to be worth it… I want my life to be worth living
The cruelty
My words and actions
I wonder how cruel the words have been for both of them
Probably more than me
to die in
Father, Mother, please forgive me
I want to be worth it… I want my life to be worth living
Your cruel self

(For the record, I enjoy this song very much along with the rest of the album.)

2 Likes

It’s an amazing track. I guess I can see why so many people dont like it as it is a bit out there but personally I think it’s great. Haha.

2 Likes

I think the insulated world only really clicks when you look at the songs lyrics. It’s so dark and miserable, more than usual. It’s full of self loathing. Makes sense some of the choices they made on that album

As someone who has no ear for music and sound, the lyrics are very important to me and actually are one of the main reasons I’m not too fond of the current Dir en grey
I noticed that while editing the DEGwiki over the years that more and more songs have not a single trivia note about the lyrics, nothing of interest
Looking at older lyrics, there was always something to explain, some wordplay or other unusual stuff Kyo wrote
Of course if I were to examine the lyrics and interpret them, there could be more to write, but that’s not my goal, I just want to write down the obvious stuff, like different readings of kanji etc.
But there’s almost never anything like that in the more recent lyrics, PHALARIS songs did have a little more to write about, but other than that, ever since ARCHE, the lyrics were more or less without anything special to them

4 Likes

That doesn’t surprise me though to be honest, the earlier stuff did have some pretty weird, seemingly random song titles and often the themes of the lyrics seemed a bit more controversial and also a bit random, look at the original Hydra for example… haha. I just feel like these days they are over “being weird” and are just more direct with the themes presented in the songs which generally is more powerful than stuff people have to guess what youre actually trying to get at. I also feel age and generally maturing may have something to do with this, who in their 40s wants to repeatedly scream “SID VICIOUS, SUSPICIOUS”??? Haha.

stan DIR EN GREY.

I always refused to listen to DIR EN GREY until I first listened to Juuyoku that literally played through my Alexa. I didn’t bother to skip it and I knew this was my shit.

2 Likes

I’ve always preferred figuratively listening to Dir en grey, personally

2 Likes

True Dir en grey fans
Don’t listen to the music
We trash on the mix

-ghost

11 Likes