DIR EN GREY

Hageshisa hair is best hair for sure

3 Likes

Why do so many people hate Sustain The Untruth??? I mean its not one of my favourite DeG songs but it isnt that terrible either…

That said, The Final is probably one of my least favourite DeG songs but most people seem to cream over it. Personally I would prefer Sustain as a set staple over The Final. Controversial opinion or nah???

4 Likes

Sustain the Untruth is good actually. I will die on that hill

7 Likes

I dislike both songs equally. i find them both dull and uninspiring.

but on a live setting STU is way more entertaining than THE FINAL

2 Likes

STU is as you say so dull, so mediocre, I would even call it generic. Not a word i often use for deg songs.

4 Likes

For Sustain the Untruth is not bad in itself but extremely generic. However i still love it. You are harsh with The Final, the original single is pretty good. :wink: On the other hand, the remake who is playing since THE UNRAVELING is boring, it’s doesn’t help.

2 Likes

Yeah i dont absolutely hate it but for some reason the song has just never really gripped me. No idea why tbh.

1 Like

When THE FINAL came out, there was a very big rumor that DEG would break up after the release because of the title. I don’t know where I’m going with this, just thought I’d share, lol. Also yeah, it’s one of my favorite songs ever

3 Likes

THE FINAL was an instant favorite of mine when Withering to Death was released.
Maybe it is also very beloved because it’s one of these songs where Kyo wants the audience to sing along?

4 Likes

I sustain the truth that stu is good

But the Final is also good

I love them both

4 Likes

I would have to listen to STU to even know which song that is. I know it exists but I can’t recall it at all. I guess that says a lot about it for me (which doesn’t mean I don’t like it, maybe, maybe it’s just one of the songs I don’t care about, which’s more likely).

But The Final was my most favorite song from when I got into the band until TWoM got released. So it’s still in the top range for me.
I just seem to be the exception loving the new version (which doesn’t mean I don’t love the original one).

2 Likes

I just remembered that I used the instrumental of the Final remake on my graduation ceremony

3 Likes

Sustain the Untruth is a very dull song that somehow works tremendously in a live setting. They got really lucky with it because you can tell its a song they lazily put together.

As for the Final, I’m a big fan of the original. It packs a punch, especially with how much energy the band puts into performing it. Seen it first hand when i saw them for the first time.

The Remake is an abomination and this is one of the rare times Id wanna slap Kaoru or whoever upside the head. And because of how ridiculously layered the studio version is, the live version sounds PAINFULLY hollow. My brain turned off when they played it live during that GHOUL Tour.

Id take Hageshisa, or TDFF, or ANY staple Encore song over those 2. Get em outta here.

5 Likes

I guess both are just overplayed by this point. I’ll just say, if they play The Final live, you better believe I’m screaming along all the lyrics.

2 Likes

I stand for what i’ve said before

Summary

TLDR: Kyo’s voice ruined this song for me
(along with those fake piano sounds)

1 Like

Not hard to believe with how mental a lot of DeG fans seem to be and read into everything they do waaaaaay too much.

3 Likes

Chorus kind of ruins STU for me, otherwise it’s pretty good.

Berry is a good song. There i said it.

9 Likes

Sustain the Untruth has a very strong (and one of my favorite) chorus, but the main riff is pretty… substandard, leaving the verses in between feeling uninspired.

Great song, 10/10

3 Likes

Haha a glowing review there. :laughing:

1 Like