Does anybody know a vk band called "gossip" that was active in 2015?

Today I found this flyer + cd between my magazines. I am not sure but I assume I got it when I went to a Sadie concert and some people handed out stuff like this to win fans for other smaller bandd. I could not find them on vk.gy only bands with that name that disbanded much earlier than 2015.

This news on visunavi seems to be them. Pretty sure they don’t exist anymore but maybe someone knows if any them is active in other bands? Finding that thing made me wonder, haha.

1 Like

They are (early 2002-04) Gazette’s Grieva basically

Lol thank you. I was so fokused on the “Gossip” on the flyer that was so much more prominente than the rest, that I completely discarded the rest as “not the band name” :joy: They are basically NICOLAS now. Cool to see that they are still in the scene.

They disbanded six years ago.

And 5 month later they formed NICOLAS. It’s a bit funny because all members of NICOLAS have been in Gossip.

aah okay, then I misunderstood, thought you compared them to another band^^

NICOLAS still play some Gossip songs live too :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Speaking of that… I still wonder what the hell went on at Ains when Gossip and Grieva and pretty much all Ains label bands “disbanded”. The label itself didn’t close and was active again several years later only to vanish yet again. NICOLAS pretty much IS Gossip, but Ains probably owns the rights to the name now.

2 Likes

I do remember this band and just remember a lot of people hated them saying they were basically a Gazette “cover” band but i never heard enough of them to confirm if the similarities were worth that label. Guess they wanted to get away from it either way and hence formed Nicholas.

Well it seems they don’t care too much now about using Gaze aesthetics. Vocalist uses the Ruki-throat-make-up and bass guy covers his face in their latest mv. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Eh, I doubt getting away from being a Gazette cover band was the reason for the change, since their first band JyuLie was the start of the heavy Gazette “inspiration”. They succeeded in forming their own identity later on in Gossip imo. I never really made the connection with the face covering before, I believe he’s been wearing one since about 2012? though their current aesthetics don’t have much to do with the Gazette anymore.

It is interesting watching the slow morph back to Gossip NICOLAS has been making. Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m assuming they left the label to regain creative independence.

I think He was wearing a mask even in his first band, JyuLie (which contained 4/5 members of Gossip), which was in 2010.

There is this band photo from that same time where I think he’s unmasked, but he’s also turned away from the camera and his hair is covering most of his face, so it might have been intentional, but I’m not sure, it seems like he’s been masked since he started doing Vkei.

Yes, I am aware of JyuLie : )
At the start of JyuLie (around 2010 to at least 2011) he did indeed go unmasked:

Ah, okay, I did not know that. I just briefly looked at vkgy to see if I could see any photos of him and nothing came up.

1 Like