Endless Dismal Moan new vinyl edition of "Endless Dismal Moan I" release

Black metal distributor GoatowaRex has announced a vinyl reissue of the past works of Endless Dismal Moan, the black metal solo project of ChaosIX, will be released soon. It will feature 4 tracks from earlier demos going back as far as 2002 and unreleased tracks will also be included.

Announcement
“Vampire” live clip - one of the confirmed tracks so far

GoatowaRex Store
Youtube
Instagram

7 Likes

WOOOOO YAYAY i want to buy it

Honestly amazing news. Definitely deserves proper rips of their works to honor the vocalist and band But I had thought.

If this band can vinyl their releases why doesn’t the gazette do the same.

5 Likes

Vinyl is the lifeblood of black metal, the GazettE must think theirs not much of a market for vinyl among their fan base at least the Japanese one. :man_shrugging:t2:

Amazing news, I wonder if this will be the last of the unreleased tracks or if not how many more releases might there be?

There’s not much of a market for vinyl in Visual Kei and Chaos9 is most known in the Black Metal scene which are probably the biggest record collectors aside from a few other similar genres like Death Metal. Take note that Goatowarex is mainly a Black Metal distributor and probably don’t/barely know what Visual Kei is. I doubt most Japanese fans of Visual Kei have record players as well.

4 Likes

The inclusion of tracks from earlier demos, dating back to 2002, and unreleased material adds value to the reissue for fans who may be interested in exploring the evolution of the project and hearing previously unheard content. It also serves as a tribute to ChaosIX’s musical legacy.

2 Likes

It’s a vinyl edition of Endless Dismal Moan I (originally released in 2002) with 4 unreleased tracks. GoatowaRex has it listed in its February batch of releases, so it should be out soon.

[tracklist]

1. Chaos
  2. Kitigai
  3. Bloody Claws
  4. Endless Dismal Moan
  5. Calamity
  6. Warning
  7. Vampire
  8. Death Odor
  9. Untitled 1
  10. Untitled 2
  11. Untitled 3
  12. Untitled 4
2 Likes

The remaster is actually good?!?!

100% getting this, it was only a matter of time until someone got the rights to his music from Blackmetal.com and I’m so glad it was Goatowarex. Such a great label though their stuff always sells out so quick and they don’t do large pressings usually

Does Untitled 1 remind anyone else of Slayer? Also beginning of Untitled 4 reminds me of Freezing Moon from Mayhem.

btw this is the actual official cover art, which is the same as the original CD, I think the art, which i’ve since removed from the first post will still be included in the album artwork nonetheless

It seems like a lot of the vinyl releases that happened were either quite early on, released as a collector’s item, or recently released because they noticed that foreigners will jump at buying them.

When I bought the Luna Sea LP represses…every one of them came with an English lyric booklet. They know who’s buying…

1 Like

Sold out!

How many copies were pressed?

idk But I was able to get my copy luckily!

2 Likes