ex-gulu gulu Vo. 哀 (i) and Gt. 凛人 (Rito) new project 無所属垢 (Mushozoku Aka)

Yeah, once they deleted the demo off of their Twitter they made their account public again

1 Like

They’re releasing their first song tomorrow at 20.00 Japan time!
「不幸人形」Fuukou ningyou (Unfortunate doll)
https://www.youtube.com/@musyozokuaka/

3 Likes

It’s Ai, not I

I’m def gonna listen to it

1 Like

He goes by both

2 Likes

But that kanji says ai

he goes on his twitter with I, so it should be safe to also go with that.

2 Likes

This is precisely where Gulu Gulu left off.
If I didn’t know that it’s a separate band, I would have assumed it’s just another B side from later era Gulu Gulu

Gonna listen to KtG and memento mori to ease my disappointment.

The song is pleasent, but that’s about it.

1 Like
10 Likes

Glad to hear that Ai will have a new instagram account to block even more people

6 Likes

This makes me mad, we really are in a phase where AI could produce good illustrations for you (I still hate them because how they got to this point), This cheap AI illustrations have no reason to be there anymore.

1 Like

I just wanted to comment about the artwork…
Ai can draw himself just fine, but they chose to use some AI program anyways…
At one point, I do understand. Namely the artwork itself needs to have a sense of horror, it’s not supposed to look “right”. So having an AI program create it will automatically make the “human” look uncanny if not grotesque. (coughs the hands coughs)
So, it does work for the intended visuals, it’s just sad that AI programs are making their way into the music industry instead of real human artists…

2 Likes

Cringe AI art, good gulu song. I thought it was the label pushing the circus sound but guess not.

1 Like

But the kanji says Ai so…

We are not here to discuss how his japanese name is written in the Latin alphabet.

It’s a name, if he writes it I or Ai is up to him. Names can be transcribed different on times.

4 Likes

boring af where is the alt metal yall were alleging

4 Likes

Don’t really care about all the drama but I’ve been waiting for Ai to release new music for ages and I’m not disappointed.

3 Likes

it is a nice track
a nice gulu gulu b-side that is.
I was really excited for a new direction, this is completely the same but worse mastering and less focus on the rhytmic section instruments. it makes me just angry how they decided to break up FOR THIS.

1 Like

I imagine there was more to the split than simply wanting to do another project which sounds very similar. Haha.

3 Likes

I also think that it’s weird that Hotaru and Lanju still use Gulugulu in their usernames on social media
Like, most bandmen change their handles and such asap

3 Likes