Favorite MV/PV of all time

This YouTube link issue seems to happen once in a while. I upgraded the forum software when I noticed this issue several days ago, but it didn’t fix it. However, it’s back to normal again. Looks like YouTube temporarily banned our IP address for unknown reason and lifted the ban already.

2 Likes

I too am a fan of low-budget, cheesy and crappy PVs. Though La’mule’s inspire was pretty well made (I think by the same people who did Diru’s early PVs?)

I love when VK bands just pose around in the forest:

This PV probably took 5$ and 15 minutes to make, and I love it:

Now, onto some PVs that I think are really well made:

5 Likes
1 Like

possibly anything by zin and yusai and scarlett and gyakushuunojisakujienya for me along side this kizu video great also lime looks like my brother anothe rreaosn liek band:

3 Likes

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found an even better PV. Never have I seen a more moving story, amazing acting, and an iconic look

3 Likes

their drugged the fuck out PVs were a stand-alone era for visual kei tbh

1 Like

ANOTHER WORLD is my favorite song of all time and I love the music video.

1 Like

Seeing a bit of a trend here…

(The video reminds me of Extreme’s “More than Words” video. Absolutely dig the grayscale, sit-down type setting)

3 Likes

Here are some PVs I like

5 Likes
1 Like

Not necessarily my favorite PV’s of all time, but just two that instantly came to mind were:

the GazettE - Vortex (I like the red speaker aesthetic).

DuelJewel - Es (I remember thinking it was cool when I was a kid, haha)

2 Likes

chimera – girgugamesh

The mystery and surreal animated scenes are soooooooooooooooooo coooooooooool keeps you wondering the whole time. It has the illusion of having a story which is great cuz you can make it up yourself.

100%shinderu – zombie

I cannot express how well edited and thought out this is – it’s so well done and thus a pleasure to view each time.

happy wedding – xaaxaa

I actually ended up writing a whole damn analysis of this MV – again its story is mysterious and the unnatural lighting and movements and repetitive cuts make it really eerie.

nikushoku bacterian – zombie

I have a soft spot for animated MVs, so I picked this one based on how relevant it is nowadays and because it matches so well to the music. Also the lyrics :ok_hand:

rijin – dimlim

I love cool makeup so this fulfills that but also we love a good story/motif-driven MV with creepy and eerie visuals. I particularly like the POV shot at the beginning and the one-take where the camera pans from member to member.

I have so many more but I’ll restrain myself now :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

it really depends but rn its AMORE by Golden Bomber

1 Like

YES thank you bc I just cannot get over the looks in this pv and era for MM

6 Likes
4 Likes

Find myself rewatching these a lot, never get sick of them

I mean c’mon,

Love old school nostalgia

First royz mv I watched, yes vampire theme:

Also forest:

First Kiryu mv I watched: ( all of their mvs should be here tbh )

How could I not:

All of DADAROMA’s mvs are pretty fun to watch too

& I’ll stop myself here with something bittersweet but an absolute masterpiece as their last release

4 Likes
4 Likes
1 Like

Hypnosis has such a cool PV. I’m glad. A stylish song such as this deserves it!

I couldn’t not include this…Such a beautiful vibe emanates from this MV…

This PV…So, So good.

5 Likes