Groups or artists that you have an irrational dislike or hatred of?

I could never get into DoG in The PWO. I just don’t like animal themes, especially with dogs.

I also have a love-hate relationship with the Raid. They do this really unique triphony thing w/ Sena’s voice that I haven’t seen with other bands and they do have some really good melodies. The problem is that they’ve used the same samples (esp that sibilant chime effect) in ALL of their songs for 5~6 years now. When they went major I thought they would change it up, but NOPE. What’s irrational is it’s just the samples. I’m largely fine with everything else… Well except for the whole inflating views with gya e-celebs and host connections… Ya know I’m still mad at that too :confused: .

3 Likes

you all are restoring my faith in humanity xD

1 Like

well like mejibray, the raid dabbles in the practice most crap bands do: ghostwriters, so not suprising they just have their production,they pay for with all the host days money, just spit out the same sh"t over and over.

Golden Bomber

9 Likes

I was the same at first
then i realized, i really cant stand Sena from Jiluka.
Maybe its his fans glorifiyng him on a constant thats makes me cant stand the guy.

12 Likes

Well I never really got into Mejibray, maybe I like two or three songs but for some reason I really don’t like Mia.

10 Likes

LMAO dayum. I really feel for you younger folks having to deal with nonsense like that.

As for the topic, I can’t really think of any artists…maybe Gackt? ahahaha

4 Likes

At some point I wasn’t very keen on Arlequin.
I saw people online saying “this is the best band” and
“their songs are fantastic” etc.
I gave them listen and felt that their songs are really mediocre. I guess another case of overselling a band. Nowadays I don’t really care.

4 Likes

Ahh same here! Sounded like it would be some early NoGod level epicness from all the hype but then it was like drinking a flat soda when I listened.
Seems like lots of bands are overproduced wankery + hype 2010 on.

1 Like

I hate fake bands like Jealkb and Golden Bomber. Definitely Mejibray and all the people included, but especially MiA and his gross face. Also, most indie bands. I just consider them hosts with red lipstick by default and they can try to prove me wrong.

Miyavi has always had this really slimy, smug quality. He’s gotten better over the years, but I still find him kind of nasty.

Hitsugi’s (Nightmare) huge face and stupid piercings piss me off.

8 Likes

That description of Miyavi is so spot on

3 Likes

I still really enjoy their early work, particularly the Recreation Eve compilation. They’re garbage now, unfortunately.

1 Like

Kizu. I don’t care about them and I’m tired of people talking about them.

13 Likes

:hocho:

7 Likes

they’re so unbelievably overhyped I just can’t :woozy_face:

3 Likes

I don’t hate them, but god are they mediocre considering the amount of money that’s seemingly being put into producing them. They don’t seem to have much capacity for growth.

4 Likes

This what could be considered blasphemy is interesting since I thought the concensus was that they’re the best thing going in this generation of vk.

4 Likes

That might be a stupid question, but what do you think they could make better?
I mainly ask, because i am just curios what you think, makes them mediocre

2 Likes

I disagree so vehemently that I am totally behind it

Based on their singles so far, I don’t see much growth, which makes for an uncompelling arc for a band. I’d like them to do deeper explorations of their sound and to have bigger creative milestones to plot a course forward. If not in the form of albums, then some other way.

1 Like