Groups or artists that you have an irrational dislike or hatred of?

Every time I see Arlequin and see or hear Aki with that goofy ass hair (seems that he’s changed it at some point, but I’ve been seeing their older stuff) I just have a strong dislike near hatred of them and him. :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

I don’t know if I do anymore, I used to get annoyed at seeing miyavi a lot but that was due to me being an impressionable teen and the girl who got me into vkei hated him. Now he doesn’t bother me.

Thought gackt could count too.

2 Likes

Yumeleep. Nemu’s singing is cringe, the baby act is weird, and I also hate them due to personal petty reasons.
(I do really like Hikage though…)
Also, Nemu looks hideous without makeup, lmao.

9 Likes

DOG inThe PWO. I find the singer super unsettling to look at.

Also, this isn’t VK or J-rock, but I’ve always had a weird grudge against Tatsuya Ueda from KAT-TUN. They were my favourite Johnny’s group, but in all the years I’ve followed them I’ve never been able to figure out why people like him. Like, what does he add? I still have no idea.

4 Likes

Pretty much anytime I see those younger types who all wear the drughoney style teddybear shirts and look like copy&pasted out of any crap session event cant help but say “きもぉ” or "ゴミじゃん":joy:
Im an old man saying “get off my vk lawn”
Also refer to those as クソガキ系 :joy:

7 Likes

Royz, mainly subaru

11 Likes

Mejibray and everything related.

12 Likes

All bands wearing normie clothing with a blank stare on their promo pics. I already don’t like you or your music without even listening.

15 Likes

the raid.

where did you see this???

2 Likes

I’d dislike them a lot less if they didn’t throw the sparkly/glittery sound effect over every one of their songs. The instrument is called a Bell Tree (probably just a sample, though).
It’s a lovely sound… when used in moderation. Hearing it over and over again at seemingly every transition is tiresome. For me, this makes their music almost unlistenable.

2 Likes

“get out of my vk lawn!!” XDD

5 Likes

tanuki ofc

Also the vocalist looks and sounds stupid and the way they edit their photos to look like stupid kawaii bugs really pisses me off. I think their photo editing is ironic and they do it for a laugh, but still annoys me.

If you happen to come across this photo again, lemme know

1 Like

Can’t think of any bands that bother me now, but man I used to absolutely loathe LMC and SuG for some reason lmao
Miyavi also used to kinda annoy me, but not for a long time now

2 Likes

Alice Nine, they just went so off somewhere

5 Likes

I used to think of Diru as overhyped and often expressed my dislike of them before I properly got into them.

I had this inverse version where I pretended to like Exist Trace for no reason other than I was worried that people would call me misogynistic or sexist for disliking one of the few all female VK bands. The older I got the more I realized that nobody who isn’t terminally online would do that lol

6 Likes

All kira kira bands and Kebyo (though I guess they’re kinda kira kira adjacent). Can’t stand any of them. The look, the sound, the act, it’s all obnoxious.

2 Likes

Back than I absolutely disliked Shyena from V-last.
The band would have had so much potential, it he wouldn’t have been their “vocalist”. Seriously, his voice was aweful. And in the end he musically draged the band into a direction which absolutely sucked, just because he wanted to be so overally cute…
I could understand why Mako/Kana left the band and the disbandment followed soon.

sometimes I cannot figure out whats worse, Mejibray or Mejibray fans. feels like the 5 finger death punch of that terrible 2010- era. haha.
but if you like em hey dats coo ^v^ i know not all of their fans are like that.

10 Likes

when i saw the title i went “hmm not sure, i dont know if there really is anyone i dislike that much” and then i saw a couple mentions of mejibray and holy hell do i hate mejibray

…except maybe uso to gukou

4 Likes