gulu gulu (ぐるぐる) to disband

Oh no! I quite liked Gulu Gulu, what a shame

3 Likes

Y’know it’s weird being a sun-krad band i thought they’d have released more compared to Ari who were around in 2019 and have 21 releases. I honestly want to know what they were doing for the entirety of 2021 because they were radio silent besides doing lives. No live dist single or anything, Gulu Gulu was cool yea but this ended worse than KTK. Yeah they were a 3 man cell for a bit but atleast they were releasing content, gulu gulu on the other hand hasnt even released an album. I honestly thought that when they formed they’d be some kinda behemoth because of all the notable names coming together (especially Kazari) but it ended up just sounding like KTK, just with less grit and less bass slapping…and less power. Are we atleast gonna get like a last release or something? Probably not because march isnt far away but maybe we could get some unreleased low audio quality CD -R.

4 Likes

I was sure there would at least be one more release after all that time, I really liked them although I prefer KtK. Did they say a reason? Maybe they were wanting to expand on their sound but gulu gulu’s concept was too limiting?

1 Like

Amen! Gulu gulu felt like a mismatch of talent

4 Likes

gulu gulu was always a disappointment for me, not bad in the first place but kuroyuri to kage was Ai’s peak, i was quite sad when they announced that kuroyuri to kage would disband, because every release was a banger in his own way, i’m a freak when it comes to vk bands who trying to be korn/ nu-metal

3 Likes

They had so much potential it’s a shame they’re not sticking around a little longer. But nothing tears a band apart like some good o’l drama :disappointed:

2 Likes

it was gonna happen, they haven’t released a song at all last year, nor was it a hiatus

2 Likes

Take this with a grain of salt but people on Tanuki are saying they’re having label issues. From what im reading (if im reading correctly) they want to disband to get away from sun-krad. There’s also alot of people quoting Jack Capers vocalist at their final lives mc “Once you get into the offices (label), you cant get out.” So people are drawing parallels, asking for kazari to come back, calling rito a difficult person and it seems like ai is responding to some of the inquiries of why they’re splitting.

9 Likes

That’s what I’m guessing too. Like, the band they want to be vs. the band the label wants them to be are conflicting.
The tereko of the session band Ai did with glgl’s members before officially forming was vastly different. They had a straight up Korn sounding song that never got released, and Yogoreta Buta had a much more 2000’s sounding chorus. But when they got signed to SunKrad, they went CircusKei all of a sudden. And sure, it brought in a lot of newer fans; CircusKei is the trend right now. But it’s obviously not the kind of music Ai wants to make or likes to make.

Ai wanted a throwback, SunKrad wanted trend-chasing.

Honestly, part of me wonders if the reason Ai is beefing with Kane To Juusei is because they’re making the music he wishes he could make and is jealous lol. KTJ is way more old-school than GLGL could dream of.

Also, Ai in general has a curse with labels. Dude should go indie and stay indie

14 Likes

Not surprised or sad over this tbh. And the last year or so the band members have just been cringe on social media. I hope both ai and lanju stays in the scene but besides that I don’t really care.

4 Likes

I read same thing that Sun krad is problematic.
Dog in the PWO also is under them and announced their pause and soon after Gulu Gulu and Jack Caper with own news.

4 Likes

I see it as a huge miscalculating from sunkrad, circus kei was already on its way out by the time gulugulu’s first single came out, and basically obsolete in their later era. I think an alt metal band would have been far more successful (petit brabancon are bringing it back already), so this is a shame.

4 Likes

Well they didnt really release much and gone long periods with minimal activity so am not at all surprised. Their first single was absolutely belting though so glad that exists at least. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am out of touch, why is Rito difficult?

Man i don’t wanna point any fingers but i feel like Ai threw them off before they could even begin.

2 Likes
4 Likes