Hello! :D

Hello, everyone! I’m Jules, early-mid 20s, post-grad student.

Jrock as a whole and vkei in particular has been with me since my formative years. I became interested in the scene in 2011 through An Cafe and girugamesh simultaneously. In 2014 I got burned out, since a bunch of bands that seemed interesting just up and disbanded, like vkei bands tend to do (Xepher you will always be famous).
What brought me back was DIMLIM (I accept being pelted in tomatoes :"D) and this forum! I missed out on a lot of newer bands and the general state of the fandom, so I played catch-up by seeing what other people were talking about. Ended up both picking up some newbies and looking back at some oldies; also found the community to be muchhh easier to navigate than what I had before lol. So yeah, thanks to all the active forum users, really!

Bands I was interested back then (from those I just had on my playlist to bands I was rabid about):

• The Gazette
  • Plastic Tree
  • Matenrou Opera
  • Girugamesh
  • div
  • DELUHI (ultimate faves! Love them to this day).

There were also a bunch of smaller/less prolific bands that I liked that I can’t remember off the cuff, but might know, if reminded n_n

Bands I’m currently into, same idea:

• Chanty (new to them, so don’t know much yet)
  • ACME
  • Ari (rip)
  • XANVALA
  • UNiTE (w/Nozomi, I don’t know much of their backlog yet).

Non-vkei acts I like, no order: Maica_n, Dannie May, ¿?(shimon), natori, DURDN, Polyphia.

I probably won’t be a super active poster, but there are certain topics I’d love to participate in, so… See y’all around??

8 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

Thats a nice playlist with Pura :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Welcome, I hope you enjoy your time here!

1 Like

hi-nik-nocturnal

Did you know that tomatoes are fruits, not vegetables?

Welcome to the forum, I hope you will like it here.

1 Like

:purple_heart:

And… welcome. ^^

1 Like