hello friends and (potential) enemies

hihi!!!

this is going to be long so apologies in advance

my name is bri and i’ve been into VK since I was in elementry school!! i’m 26 now so that’s like an eternity ago.

an cafe was my gateway band and I was obsessed with them. i remember crying my little eyes out watching bou’s last live with the band and memorizing a lot of their photoshoot/fun videos despite not knowing japanese.

from then on it just spiraled into a borderline obsession. i discovered paradeis (probably my fav oshare kei band of all time i’m ACTUALLY obsessed and still follow mashiro and sei on twitter). i made my parents buy me any CDs I could find of them online. i even printed out pictures of mashiro and hung them on my wall.

i used to be so embarrassing in public with it too like. in middle school I remember being in speech class and giving a speech whole ass speech on why oshare kei men are beautiful. i had a graphic I showed and everything. i think about that moment a lot.

as of right now, i haven’t been in the VK scene for a while. my fav bands are pretty much the same as they were years ago. I absolutely adore exist trace, paradeis, D, malice mizer, dog in the pwo, mejibray, dadorama, versailles and many more tbh. it’s hard to list everything.

i wanna learn more bands and get back into it! so please if you have any suggestions let me know! i’m really excited to be here!! (゚∀゚)

12 Likes

Ooooh, middle school is hell…the things I did…

Welcome!

1 Like

Haven’t we all been cringe as fuck about our hobbies at one point.
At least I remember being embarrassing too in my teenage years.

Also
Welcome to the forum :sparkles:
Hope you will enjoy it here

Excellent taste, welcome!! I went through a similar phase like that in middle school but with emo bands, and it extended through my late high school years with visual kei.

1 Like

I used to play a guessing game, “Is this a man or a woman?” and enjoyed watching people’s reaction. Good old days.

Welcome!

3 Likes

I’m honestly so relieved to know I wasn’t the only one playing this game. The way I would use Naoto from Exist Trace as the like “HAHA! THIS ONE IS A WOMAN!” in the sea of oshare kei bands I would present haunts me to this day.

1 Like

Yeah! I actually used Danger Gang’s Hiko for that same effect. I would show her picture after a series of very feminine-looking dudes and giggle when people said “now that’s DEFINITELY a man.” :joy:

1 Like

This was pretty funny to read.