Helpful Links for your Mental Health

JRock One is not supposed to turn into a group therapy, but here are some links that might help anyone here who is struggling with their mental health.

Helplines for a lot of different countries

a Safety Plan Guide

If you are struggeling with suicidal thoughts, please visit the website
https://stayingsafe.net

A selfguide to DBT
The main goals of Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) is to teach people live in the moment, develop healthy ways to cope with stress, regulate their emotions and improve their relationships with others etc.
https://www.dbtselfhelp.com

Feel free to add links that could be helpful for anyone.
Please remember it is fine to reach out if you are struggeling with your mental health.

9 Likes

I’m glad you decided to make such thread ^^. I think it’s a good idea, because mental health is not something we talk a lot. Sure, it’s not a mental health forum, but if any of you guys have problems, or want help or just need to talk to someone, it’s always good to turn to a professionnal. I’ve been there, I’m still there, and it’s OKAY to ask for help when you’ve reach the abyss. Don’t let yourself in the shadows, seek help before it’s too late.

Nowadays, mental health problems is still taboo. I’m glad to see a thread on here about it.

So yeah, if you’re not feeling well, feeling depressed, don’t hesitate to ask for help, or visit a clinic or hospital. It could really save your life. It happened to me, and I’m much much better today. I never visited the hospital for 9 years now.

Yes, sometimes I still feel bad. Yes sometimes I have hard days or hard weeks, but I reach out for help, and I can take care of myself more often.

So, you can do it, whoever reads that, there’s light at the end of the tunnel, trust me, life can be beautiful and happiness can be found in little things, such as playing your favorite music cd, or dvd, or play a game, or just talk to a friend. Happiness is not a constant state of mind, it’s what you build in what you love to do in life. Sure, it gets lonely sometimes, you wish you had that or that, but just being alive is a GIFT. Never give up on your life, always go forward and keep on living :slight_smile:

Your life worths more than any other life, never give up on it. YOU are the most important person to yourself. Even if you’re 30, 40, 50, you can change your state of mind. It’s possible.

Tl;dr : Seek help if needed, it’s okay to do so, don’t give up on life ^^

3 Likes

Thank you for making this post Rena, I’m sure there are people here who appreciate these helpful links.

In times of social distancing and lockdowns I’m sure many struggled even more, so please do reach out to someone close or anyone you trust if you need help. Because you matter!

3 Likes

If you suffer from Bipolar Disorder or know someone that has it, I found this guide very useful.

On the same website, a guide for anxiety, which is the most common problem people have :

And also depression :

Also, this website in general seems very helpful.
There’s even hotline you can call in different countries listed at the end.
It’s made with the help of Harvard University, so this is some useful information ^^

Happy recovering :slight_smile:

Little extra, social media and mental health :

1 Like

a great thing about cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt) is that it can be effectively self-administered. cbt can be extremely helpful for targeting issues including anxiety, addiction, marital issues, eating disorders, phobias, and a a whole lot more, by working to identify and change maladaptive and harmful thought patterns.

llttf is a website which has free and high quality cbt courses which are focused on low mood, stress and resilience. there are different courses, some more general and some specifically tailored for certain demographics too (farmers, carers, diabetics, new parents etc). I believe in the website and in my day to day life i highly recommend it to people, both in a professional capacity, and also in my private life to friends and family.

I hope if you use it, that you find it helpful!

llttf.com/

5 Likes

Was playing bf1 a couple years back, operations on Versailles, the chat was going off, total chaos and discord. And I wanted it to end so I started talking, 3 minutes later, I united the server and everyone started dm’ing me anti-suicidal hotlines and websites.
Here someone sent me this and said ‘‘get well psycho’’

Hey did you know, japan has a new ministry office? It’s literally dedicated for this. Ministry of loneliness, sounds like a tv show.

2 Likes