Hi :)

Hi everyone, I’ve joined here trying to remember my teenage years in these strange times. A VK fan since 2003-2004 hoping to make some new friends. My favourites bands back in the day were D’espairsRay, Dir en grey, waruiyatsu! and √eight right now I’m really into the B.P.Records bands, ARTiCLEAR and NICOLAS (with all those old the gazette sounds <3)

3 Likes

Hello, Saku! Welcome to the community!

Looks like we have similar music tastes in heavy stuff. D’espairsRay’s disbandment was such a great loss to the VK scene though. I’ve just started listening to NICOLAS recently. I’m more into their non-heavy songs in particular, such as セピア, モザイク, and ミナミ. They are just beautiful. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey Saku! Welcome to the community! I love D’espairsRay haha. Still have their Monster poster that came with the cd on cdjapan right on my wall haha. Diru is a must too :slight_smile: Hope you enjoy it here! Cheers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Their latest single ミナミ… is so awesome, I loved both tracks (the song 夕暮れにリストカット is a song from when they were JyuLie right?). And about the D’espairsRay’s disbandment I totally agree that we lose one of the most iconic alternative/industrial metal bands of the scene

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome :smile: . I have in my collection the american version of coll:set I bought on e-bay and that album came with wrong metadata lol. I’m not very familiar with anything that comes after 凍える夜に咲いた花,. It’s time to rediscover their music.

ミナミ is such a beautiful VK song. NICOLAS sure knows how to compose good pop-rock VK songs like this. Now you mentioned it that they sound like the old GazettE. I can agree with that, and I would like to hear more from them. :yum:

1 Like

D’espairsRay was such a great band back in the day… I really miss them, even though pretty much everyone is active in different projects right now. As a unit they were just a band you couldn’t get around… Good stuff, great memories there haha.
B.P.Records seem to be doing pretty good for themselves in terms of sounds, I only follow Kiryu a little and occasionally see a glimpse of Royz, but regardless. What I see is good stuff!

I think this new platform will be a great way for people to make friends, there are a lot of similar-minded people here which is always a good thing!

1 Like

D’espairsRay was such a great band back in the day… I really miss them, even though pretty much everyone is active in different projects right now. As a unit they were just a band you couldn’t get around… Good stuff, great memories there haha.

As a band they were top notch. I know they are in different projects right now but… they’re pretty meh for me. Maybe nul. is more a band I could enjoy but they are too new.

From B.P.Records I encourage you to listen to codomo dragon they are really really good (of course I love kiryu too. They’re totally cool).

And loving this new platform already and hoping it become a place of communion for all facets of japanese rock.

1 Like

Hello and welcome. ^^

D’espairsRay were so great and yeah the projects the members are in now aren’t getting close to them. With NUL.'s last preview there was a short reminder of some Despa sound yet it wasn’t the same though. And THE MICRO HEAD 4’Ns were great live (even though that’s been in 2013) but I barely do listen to them from CD. And I’m not into Angelo at all since I don’t like the vocals. Just a matter of taste. Didn’t click with me those times I tried.

I really should try NICOLAS with those old Gazette hints. Even though I do prefer their music from the past years those old songs were really great, too.

And about waruiyatsu there’s just one thing I relate them to (never listened to them though), one of their members was in Jewel which I followed throughout all their activity (and Jewel’s bassist is in ARTiCLEAR now).

1 Like

Welcome!! Hope we all can be a help and enjoy music together.

1 Like