Hi ^^

Hi, it’s monkeybanana from MH ^^ I’m super excited to join this awesome community and am happy to be a part of it~! I’ve been listening to J-rock/VK since 2004, first discovering bands like An Cafe and Dir En Grey. I still remember looking through geocities/angel fire websites for more info on VK and finding VK music on places like Limewire and Napster, haha XD Once I found out about Nightmare and Alice Nine, I was forever sucked into the world of VK :stuck_out_tongue:

I look forward to being a part of the forum and hope I can make some kind of contribution, however small :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hello. :slightly_smiling_face:

Nice to see more people get here.
Your name is familiar for me from MH.
The combination of An Cafe and Dir en grey is pretty inteesting but I like it (even though I’ve never been into An Cafe).

Hope you’ll have a great time over here. ^^

2 Likes

Hello, @monkeybanana!

We’re happy to have you here too. :yum: 2004 was such a long way back. Looks like we grew up with the same bands. It’s a surprise that some of the bands that got us into VK are still around though. GeoCities, Angelfire, LimeWire, and Napster, I feel old now argh!

2 Likes

@Kaishiki Hi! Thank you~! Your name is super familiar for me from MH, too ^^ Hope we can interact more on here! Not sure how it worked out since they’re such different bands, haha. But I guess that’s the beauty of VK XP

@nick Hello! Thanks~ <3 It’s great to be a part of the new community ^^ It’s nice to see some of the older VK bands still around even if they’ve changed in style/music.

Same here! Just thinking about it makes me feel ancient XD

2 Likes

@monkeybanana I’m surprised, I didn’t expect to be recognized since I’m too silent. xDD
But yeah, I’d love that. And about the bands, I’ve been listening to a wide mix many years ago, too. Now it’s a bit less various when it comes to recent music but I love getting back to those old days for nostalgic reasons and combining Dir en grey and SuG ain’t such a huge difference to Dir en grey and An Cafe. That variety is a great thing.

1 Like

Hey welcome! I know your name because you posted a bunch of news and share lots of cds as well. We actually never talked, but I did thank you for all your stuff haha. We’re a lot of VK veterans down here, most people are into VK since mid 2000s. Glad I’m not the only one that used Limewire to download VK haha, I feel so old now. Nightmare, Diru and Alice nine were pretty much my first bands as well. I hope you enjoy your time here! Cheers mate!

1 Like

HAAAAIII welcome home!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

omg yessssss, using limewire! :laughing:
Those were the days, type in the genre and you would see random type of bands and songs appear. LOL.

1 Like

Hahaha, indeed. I just remembered that this morning that I was looking for the song Kodou by Dir en grey, and someone wrote it as “Cow-dew” XD They were a huge thing because they were a part of the Family Tour 06 by Korn, so lots of their songs were on there hahaha.

1 Like

@Kaishiki Agreed! Nostalgia plays a big part whenever I listen to VK music especially bands/songs from the mid-2000s. And SuG! I love their stuff. I always have their songs on rotation alongside bands like Gazette and Kagrra, lol.

@Masato Oh, hi! Thanks! Are you Alsdead on MH? It’s nice to see you on here! It was always nice to see your comments ^^ I hope we can talk/interact more on here! I still remember trying to find VK music only to accidentally download something that was mislabeled (and not VK) on places like Limewire, haha. Fun times XP I also feel ancient just thinking about it, lol!

@gin Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to being a part of this awesome community :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes I’m Alsdead :smiley: I hope we can chat more here! I’m on the discord since yesterday! I’m glad you liked my comments ^^. I’m kinda more active on here, I like the template better, and I feel at home here haha. Yeah well, limewire was a start for me, I got lots of Dir en grey’s songs on it, as wel as Nightmare. Then I downloaded on brazilian blogspot hahaha. Those were the days, still remember when 128kbps was the norm and we were like : WOW. Hahaha. Now I look at my old rips and I’m like, god the sound is horrible haha. Looking foward to talk more to you! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mumkey :3 I’m happy to see you on here! I look forward to chatting with you in the future :heart:

Oh yeah, and happy birthday!

1 Like

Monkeybanana HIIII!!! I’m so happy to see you around here as well!
An Cafe was probably the first band I ever discovered when I first learned about vkei and they’re still in a special in my heart :fire::two_hearts:!

1 Like

Yeah, me too~! :smiley: And thanks so much <3

1 Like

Hiii, Triangle!!! Super excited to see that you’ve joined =D

Same here! An Cafe will always have a special place in my heart. I’ll never forget when I first discovered their songs, Snow Scene and Smile Ichiban. Those were my jams, haha.

1 Like

Hello and welcome! I’m glad that there are so many people from MH, it kinda feels like nothing has changed :hugs:

1 Like