How hard is it for the jrock/vk bands to earn money? Seems really hard?

Earning money is hard. Not everyone has a family they can leech of from when their head gets stuck in between, that being said a country like japan where every misguided youth wants something to be special to them only I feel it isn’t too hard especially since even the most obscure underground idols get die hard fans who spends their minimum wage on the most menial and half assed merch. As always I’m a beacon of hope!

3 Likes

so then how do bands make enough money to stay afloat, especially with personal living for the members? i imagine a part time job but thatd be hard to do, yes?

In the most cases, band is a hobby, and like 99% of bandomen are full time workers.

3 Likes

Konbini by day, bandomen by night
A lot of them work as hosts where they find sugar mommas or just play the high baller mitsu sustained life.
Either way, if you ain’t talented (like 99% aren’t) in this scene to make money by either ghost writing or producing you make your living through some form of prostitution :ok_hand:t2:

3 Likes

If you go past the VK scene you can get stuff like this:

Let me add to that, Junpei from Victim of Deception his family owns a gardening company, Tomoki from the grindcore band Kandarivas is a general thoracic surgeon, and if i have the right info Kneeya (ovEnola, Kandarivas) works as a dentist.

The thing here is also that it depends on the band, the amount of activity etc etc

The VK bandomen = Works as Host i guess comes mainly from them having in store events during the day (and then work as host at night) and the fact that VK has a higher percentage of people who didn’t finish school or broke it off

3 Likes