HOWL new album "PATHW●RD" release

HOWL new album (title not yet finalized) will be released at 2023 winter

3 Likes

Ooh

Wowww I commented like 2 weeks ago about this on when they will get a new album. My prayers have been answered :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Cautiously optimistic about this even though the new single is really not very good

Any more news about this? Assuming winter starts on 1 Dec (it doesn’t, but a lot of people believe it does), they’ve got 3 weeks to get the album out

Where did this news originate from, anyway? It’s not on their website

From this, which mentions their 2nd album and a release tour being held in 2024. Bands update their Twitter more than their website.

their Historical Live 2023 oneman will take place on 12/7 at Shibuya Ring and I’m assuming the album is still in the works

1 Like

The new album is titled 「PATHW●RD」and will release February 7th, 2024.
Source: https://twitter.com/HOWL_staff/status/1736945838063337585

TRACK LIST
M01. PATHWORD
M02. デルフィニウム (Delphinium)
M03. ロゼッタストーン (Rosetta Stone)
M04.求愛行動 (Kyuuaikoudou)
M05. made in heaven
M06. シアーリュール (Sheer Lueur)*
M07.スペオキミュージック (Supeoki Music)*
M08.亚蘭墨石 (?)
M09.人間退職 (Ningen Taishoku)
M10.失楽園 (Shitsurakuen)
M11. アンダーテイカー (Undertaker)
M12. VERNALIZE
M13. #epilogue

*If you’re like me and wondering what the hell is ‘Sheer Lueur’, it’s a contact lens color.
*スペオキ is short for スペシャルお気に入り or ‘special favorite’ which is generally used in context when talking about idols. In fact it was hard for me to find this used in any context outside of Johnny’s so I thought this was just really interesting.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Those bass instrumentals tho :eyes:

The album is already out on Spotify

TuneCore and to buy on OTOTOY

I’ve been absolutely digging this album. I wouldn’t call it outright experimental, but it’s the kind of weird that I really enjoy.

2 Likes

It’s got a nice variety and there are a few gems I’ve now christened my 2024 playlist with