Humble fan from TW to MH to here

Hi everyone. Not sure if anyone remembers me. I was freesia from MH. I’m 32 and have been into J-rock since 2004. I used to listen to loads of vk bands from 2004-2010 but kinda went out of the scene nowadays. Seeing all the band discussions here brought me nostalgia so I decided to join in and explore the recent vk scene! I used to really love the GazettE, Girugamesh, Deathgaze, old lynch., Diru, etc. Any suggestions on what similar new bands to listen to?

15 Likes

DARRELL

Welcome to the forum
Nice to see another senior citizen :joy:

Of course I remember you! We’re still friends on fb I believe :joy:

Good to see you here tho! How have you been? What kinda Japanese stuff have you been listening to?

I remember you too! Good seeing you again! I’ve fallen off VK these days as well, but been listening to a lot of j-indie or Japanese classics/oldies.

What are you into these days?

I haven’t listened to it yet, but I’ve seen a lot of praise for Dir en grey’s new album “Phalaris” so that might be a good place to start. It released just last year in June.

the GazettE’s released a couple hits too like “DOGMA” and “NINTH”. They’ve evolved a bit since their early KING Records days, so you might find something interesting there too.

The last lynch. album I really liked was “D.A.R.K. -In The Name Of Evil-” back in 2015. If you haven’t heard it yet, there are some solid tracks on there that I think still hold up well today. “Eternity” and “Fallen” are really good.

1 Like

Hey there, welcome! I remember your name! :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to JRO :wave:t2: I also remember your name from MH. I wish you a good time as well here and that you can find many interesting topics or new artists here. :grinning:

Welcome back!