HYDE

With a career spanning thirty five years in 2023 it’s about time we have a page for the man who’s pretty much done it all as both a rockstar and a celebrity in Japan with his only rivals being YOSHIKI and GACKT. L’Arc~en~Ciel, VAMPS, THE LAST ROCKSTARS, and a hugely successful and internationally popular solo career with six albums. Need I say more? HYDE has been around forever and always finds a new way to re-invent himself and live the consoment rockstar life that he has always wanted from childhood with his idol worship of everyone from MORRIE, Kyo (D’ERLANGER), and Baki (Gastunk) to the likes of Motley Crue, Depeche Mode, and David Sylvian. 2023 marks the thirtieth anniversary of DUNE, and HYDE is set to go on another tour in the summer so he’s not slowing down anytime soon, and we might even get the announcement of something from THE LAST ROCKSTARS before years’ end.

So, what are your favorite HYDE projects, do you prefer his solo career over L’Arc, is VAMPS your favorite? Do THE LAST ROCKSTARS have a chance in hell of releasing music? Comment below!

3 Likes

Racking my brain trying to figure out the difference if any between 2004 and 2014 DUNE and what they could possibly do to remaster something that was remastered 19 years ago. Have to spek them when I get home.