Interviews with Old School Visual Kei Bandomen

After fighting a flu from the pits of hell for the past few months, I am finally back with a new interview! This time I had the honor of interviewing Naohiro from CLOSE! CLOSE were one of my first VK bands I was strongly into in high school, so this was a thrill. We discuss the highs of being in the VK major bubble of the late 90s, as well as his various indies projects, and his work today, including CLOSE’s surprise reunion in 2021, 20 years after its initial split!

6 Likes

Just put up another interview I did. This one was a spur-of-the-moment interview with Tadafumi Okamoto (岡本唯史), somewhat known today (more-so over in Japan) for being in the popular 2000s softkei band Spiral free, as well as being in the bands The ROMEO and SIXX with Psycho le Cemu frontman Daishi Kajinaga (梶永大士). I’ve been trying to find a way to contact him, and finally lucked out! This was a pretty straightforward one, although I will say his final words at the end were one of the most thoughtful and sincere things I’ve ever heard in this series. Really cool guy. Check it out!

4 Likes

Thank you for your continuous updates, I enjoyed reading the new interviews!

Thanks man! Yeah, I try to put em up when I can. A lot of dudes reeeeally don’t like talking about their past I guess lol. But once in a while, I get some takers! Still have some being answered still a year later lol.

I found this yesterday I didn’t have time to sit through the whole thing but this is really great. I appreciate your hard work :sweat_smile:

Some people don’t like the past. Maybe some bad memories involved and all that unfortunately. Hopefully some information can be found by other means. I wish those people the best :pray:

Added another interview with Kazz, vocalist of one of the most popular softkei bands of the 2000s, STRAIGHT! It’s a bit shorter but pretty sweet nonetheless. Check it out!!

1 Like

Coming up tonight, I finally scored an interview with probably the biggest person I’ve interviewed yet in the VK scene. A true pioneer! I’m legit excited lol. It’ll be posted later tonight, so stay tuned!

4 Likes

Just posted an interview with a true VK veteran: Tezya! Being a fixture in the underground music scene for over 4 decades now, he’s seen and experienced quite a lot. Check out the amazing story of his first band PINOCCHIO, which he formed with a pre-LUNA SEA Shinya (真矢) and SUGIZO, how he hooked up with the members of D’ERLANGER and LADIES ROOM to join FiX, and what he’s up to now. Lots of great stuff in this one. It was a total honor!

5 Likes