Japanese Proxies: Who to Use, Who to Avoid

Nah, Buyee is the one who deals with shipping and customs from their warehouse to you. This is a case of misplaced xenophobia, plain and simple.

I would also second Treasure Japan or White Rabbit, but try Japonicamarket and let us know of your experiences?

1 Like

They’re my go-to proxy. They buy from a private account, so I think it should work here.
The only thing they weren’t able to buy for me so far was a certain book, due to privacy concerns.

But please make sure to tell them exactly what to write on the invoice. When I bought Petit Brabancon’s single through them, they put “Secondhand clothing” on the invoice, which wasn’t detailed enough for the people at Leipzig’s customs.

1 Like

Pro: They actually answered to my order/request within 30 min.

Con:

Oh and interestingly enough, the seller who declined selling it to Buyee now edited their profile:
※当事者の方とお取引したいので、BUYEE等の代理購入はお控えください。
※※ご購入の際はコメントをいただけると見落としなどないので、お手数ですがよろしくお願い致します。

Google translate:
※ Please refrain from purchasing BUYEE etc. on your behalf as we would like to do business with the parties concerned.
※※ We apologize for the inconvenience, as we will not overlook it if you give us a comment when purchasing.

I now made an order/request on treasure-japan.com and the article is now shown as “sold”. So I guess it worked this time?!
Why they hating buyee?

Buyee is exclusively for overseas parties buying stuff on Mercari. This is an indirect way of saying they won’t ship to anyone outside of Japan, but with a BS rationalization as the cover. Even if you could speak Japanese, the minute they see your address they would 100% back out. I hope Treasure Japan can nab it for you.

2 Likes

Yeah, especially “as we would like to do business with the parties concerned.” is nonsense, because they definitely receive the money. We don’t need to go on a date and you don’t need to introduce me to your parents.
Treasure japan seems rather small (you send the money to their paypal account which literally has a profile pic with a cat), so I assume they don’t have the “Your name + number comination” in their address, but a “normal Japanese address”.
The status now says “in process #2” which means “We’re waiting for the shipment from shops or sellers. / Your items are en route.”. So I guess it worked!

I’ll let you guys know if treasure japan was good :smiley:

3 Likes

I love Treasure Japan they are GOATed.

1 Like

I have used goody-japan and blackship.

Both are great in my experience.

Goody-japan:
I bought and shipped a wok(relatively large and heavy item) through goody japan and it arrived fast and intact.
I have bought tea cup sets through them and they arrived safely too.

They will repack all the items and consolidation of packages is free!

I didn’t encounter any rejected auctions when bidding through them. They offer a negotiating service for Mercari. I have never bought from Mercari before though so I can’t say how’s that like.

Blackship is a forwarder so it’s mostly for places that accept foreign cards. I think I used it for booth.pm. They take a free photo of the package once it arrives at their place so that’s cool.

3 Likes

It’s worth noting that the “free photo” provided by Blackship is of the package itself, not the contents ^^ I can definitely recommend them though!

Ah yeah, I meant the packaging itself!

I believe they can take photos of the contents for a fee too?

Unfortunately not but I mean… they have to earn some money somewhere lol (Edit: sorry, I read “for free” lol)

Depending on your plan, this is the pricing (Pricing - Blackship):

1 Like

+1 for GJ. Used them before I found Japonica. Never had any problems, from what I remember.

1 Like

ahhhh this Lab. CD has been sitting on Yahoo, mocking me, for like a month+. Just requested it through Treasure-Japan and - despite it not strictly being their business hours rn - they got my item within a half hour. This is a helpful topic :blush:

1 Like

I recently used them for MailOrder & Band Store purchase, the owner ist really really nice and the process smooth af.

Does anyone have any good recs for ticket proxy buyers?

Have Buyee frozen their package storage while Japan Post sorts themselves out?

When did this happen? I just had a package shipped two days ago from their warehouses.

I think @NowhereGirl means freezing package storage in regards to Buyee holding items in their warehouse (i.e. the 30 days you have), and not Buyee shipping items from their warehouse internationally.

And to answer that question, not that I know of. I still have items pending shipment that still need to be sent in X days or will be overdue as is normal.

@Pingu That’s exactly right. I’ve had an item in their storage for a while and the number seems stuck. The only shipping methods available are ‘Buyee Airmail’ (pretty expensive) or Seamail which has a warning about potential damage.

1 Like

Strange! Must be country-dependent then if you are seeing the day counter frozen. It doesn’t happen for me and seemingly @zeus either.

From what you’ve said about shipping methods, perhaps only for countries where only limited shipping options are available.