JILUKA to make European debut in Portugal in 2024

JILUKA will make their European debut at EvilLive Festival at the Altice Arena in Lisbon, Portugal on June 29-30!

Other bands will include Avenged Sevenfold, Megadeath, Machine Head, Electric Callboy, and Corrosion of Conformity, which is probably one of the weirdest lineups I’ve ever come across in recent times.

12 Likes

Powerful lineup! Good for them.

3 Likes

Looks like they’re in a roll! I’m so happy for them!

Really cool, hope they add more dates for europe tho O.O

3 Likes

Same! Just got to wonder how good theyd sell overseas to make it worth the while though. Will be interesting to see how theyll be received in the festival setting.

2 Likes

It’s always encouraging to see Western promoters working with VK bands again.

1 Like

They’re doing it smart. Get high profile one-off’s to test the waters instead of just signing yourself up for unprofitable flop tours.

I’m extremely curious whose connections landed them this gig; shared management and promoters, or did they get picked up by someone from Avenged Sevenfold or Megadeth? Either way, I think culture has become more receptive to Japanese music in the west. It’s a completely different world to when vk bands first tried this and got nearly heckled off the stage.

3 Likes

Fakestar was the middle-man for this as well so I’m guessing through them/their contacts. Although Jiluka seems to be making noise in the European metal scene, I’ve been seeing more and more western metalheads who don’t know a thing about VK showing up at their concerts. I love it, honestly.

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Upcoming Festival Guide

Jiluka will also debut in Spain that same summer. As decided by staff for some reason, this discussion was moved to another thread instead.

1 Like

Because that thread is supposed to be about festivals that include several japanese bands.
The festival in Spain includes more japanese bands