As part of Merry’s 25th Anniversary concert series, MERRY gathered the other 2 of 2000’s ‘big 3 VK bands‘ aka MUCC & kagerou for a taiban gig on Daisuke’s birthday.
Yuana, kazu and shizumi will be participating. No info on who is taking over vocal duties in kagerou but most likely tatsuro and gara imo.
manifested for the wrong ( but still very happy about it ) comeback lol !!! ( Could Kagrra, do the same thing ? )
I wonder how they’d do for the vocals part, but just seeing them together again is unbelievable Tatsurou and Gara would sound super cool performing Kagerou songs
Funnily enough, I found this tweet a few days ago:
“At the Daisuke memorial concert, they used the latest technology at the time to create a device that made it seem like Daisuke was on stage (like the Hatsune Miku concerts), which is why the tickets were so expensive.
This time, the tickets are also a bit pricey, so I’m expecting there to be a variety of special effects.”
I’m not sure if this is true, because it’s the first time I hear about this.
And MERRY actually played a few covers on this tour (mostly songs from Gara’s former bands), but also Wrist cutter by Kagerou. Pretty sure it was a hint lol
tatsuro and gara sang the kagerou section together. everyone on stage seemed so happy, like they were really there to celebrate daisuke. it was really sweet
no special effects btw. gara and tatsuro were dressed in daisuke color schemed outfits though.
for the last song, yuugure no shazai, every member of every band came out and played together.
then the backdrop was lowered and it was playing video clips of daisuke. and at the end a camera followed gara all the way backstage, where they had set up a party room with cake. they said that it’d be impossible to tour with a show like this, and if they were to do it again, gara and tatsurou shouldn’t be the only ones singing. (it was worded vaguely) they didn’t rule out the possibility of this happening again but they didn’t say anything definitive either
My timeline has been only people attending this show and being emotional. Oh how I wish things like these were streamed or filmed, would love to see this. Seems like it was a beautiful show. I’ve actually cried a bit, and I never cry.
Also, I saw someone comparing this to the Deg & Pierrot shows, in terms of the nostalgia aspect with these specific bands representing a specific time in history. They can represent the youth of one group of vk listeners, I can see that.