KAMIJO New Album "OSCAR" (2022/10/23 Release)

new album “OSCAR” will come in 2 editions (regular edition 3300 yen; limited edition will come in a “luxurious package specification” with 2 disc set (CD + bonus CD) for 4,950 yen))

[tracklist]
1.AGENDA
2.Habsburg
3.SHADOW OF OSCAR
4.Symbol of The Dragon
5.Beautiful Rock’n Roll
6.Behind The Mask
7.fairytale
8.Persona Grata
9.Eye of Providence
10.TEMPLE 〜真夜中に咲いた薔薇〜
11.OSCAR
12.Avec toi 〜君と共に〜
13.NOBLESS OBLIGE

4 Likes

do you know the content of the second cd?

The PV sounds like classic KAMIJO, I’m on board. :rose:

2 Likes

do you know the content of the second cd???

It hasn’t been unveiled yet

1 Like

“Symbol of The Dragon”, “Persona Grata”, “Behind The Mask” : vocal and drum rerec

“Eye of Providence” : new vocal arrangement and drum rerec.

“TEMPLE -Blood sucking for praying-” : japanese version

9 Likes
6 Likes

I was not expecting an appearance by the Moviefone guy wtf

1 Like

That Shadow of Oscar PV couldn’t be and sound more kamijo. But in a good way, I guess?
I wonder how many times I’ve heard that pre-chorus in his songs :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

But it’s missing that epic bombastic shredding guitar solo!!! :crazy_face:

1 Like

That '90s American movie trailer voice

2 Likes

Nominating it for an Oscar already. :trophy:

Album is nice, Agenda is probably my favorite song

Now available on itunes; it will be available to other streaming apps on 10/28!

1 Like

I’m a pretty big fan of the album. It didn’t defy expectations and wasn’t like, this big ambitious project I feel, like Sang was. But it was still really well thought out.

2 Likes

Fairytale it’s so damn sweet I can’t stop listening ittttt!!!

2 Likes

Good album, with these singles and Shadow of Oscar it couldn’t be bad. But the thing is, like all albums with many singles, it feels like a singles + fillers album rather than an album as a whole thing.
It don’t beat the epicness of Sang but still solid.

All the rerec are better than the original (especially Behind the mask), but among new songs hum, I really enjoyed SOfO, Oscar, Noblesse, Fairytale and Avec toi are sweet songs, but no real banger for me.
Beautiful rocknroll could be a nice fun song, but too much repetitive…weakest one here.

3 Likes

Listening to it several times, I really liked it.
Since it’s been a while since I listened to the previous singles, I did feel fresh.
The album versions are better than the singles.
The only track I didn’t like was Fairytale. do you always have to add ballads like this to your albums? The same thing happens to me with Mistery de Sang or Romantique de Heart. They are very boring for me.
By the way, the last verses of NOBLESSE OBLIGE have made me smile.

off-topic; Am I the only one who wants the “Sang Japanese version” album? I think if it had been like that, it would have been his best work.

From the new songs, the only one I didn’t like was Fairytale, the rest sounds cool. My favorite is “Agenda” (I don’t know why he didn’t make the promotional video for that song instead of Shadow of Oscar)

Although I’m not a fan of the old songs that were included in the album :anguished: (that phase was somehow repetitive)

Eh i thought fairytale was a decent ballad, it had cool guitar sound. Avec toi was more boring imo

Agree with u on that! Awkward engrish ruined lots of songs there

2 Likes