KOJI (ALICE IN MENSWEAR, ex-ALvino, La'cryma Christi) has passed away

After fighting esophageal cancer for almost two years, KOJI (ALICE IN MENSWEAR, ex-ALvino, La’cryma Christi) has passed away in his sleep on 4/15 at the age of 49. A funeral was held by his family.

To respect his wish for michi. to sing no matter what happens, vocalist michi. performed at the band’s live on 4/17 at Akabane Reny alpha. ALICE IN MENSWEAR will still continue activities, but not as frequently as before.

16 Likes

Too young! I’ve been really enjoying La’cryma lately…

3 Likes

Damn, so young. I haven’t been following his projects after La’cryma but what a legend!

R.I.P., man…

3 Likes

A legend has passed. RIP.

2 Likes

Damn. La’cryma were one of the first bands I came across when I was first discovering Visual Kei. They were always one of the bands I’d turn to when I felt like listening to something 90s-ish. Sad to see him go.

4 Likes

Awful news. RIP

2 Likes

This is really sad… rest in peace :cry:

1 Like

I feel sad just reading this, he died too early. :cry:
I hope he can rest well in peace now.

2 Likes

La’cryma was definitely solid band. Many very interesting songs… His music will be remember for sure.

2 Likes

Same

Yup. I enjoy their prog rock gems. Sculpture of Time is my favorite album.

This is sad

Was looking at wallets on youtube and found this. オフィシャルにて発表した「KOJIの病気、現状についてのご報告」についてお話しします - YouTube

RIP :cry:

La’cryma Christi has opened a memorial website in honor of Koji a year after his passing.

2 Likes