KPop meets JRock/JPop

Yuta Nakamoto from the K-Pop group NCT 127 dropped a cover of Honey by L’Arc back in June. He’s also been hanging out with Hyde here and there (one particular instance they had a drunken singalong together on an Instagram Live).

I think it’s pretty cool to see K-Pop fans be exposed to a legendary band like L’Arc! Thoughts?

Video of the cover:

https://youtu.be/8Dsc39zYXZI?si=dnB7zA4WbIELrRer

3 Likes

its cool when they cover japanese bands
but also yuta is a japanese member, so its less surprising to see him cover japanese bands i guess

1 Like

This is not a new thing. I can’t remember the name right now but don’t you remember that krockband covering xjapan songs and stuff? They were pretty famous.

I’ll find it later if someone isn’t faster than me

1 Like

The Trax?

1 Like

Damn you got it!
I swear they had a PV for it but this is the one im thinking about

Produced by none other than Yoshiki!

1 Like

Yeah, I remember some PV and a live performance of the song too…but is nowhere now. Maybe Yoshiki removed it :joy:.

1 Like

Awesome!

adding this photo was a must

4 Likes

It will never not be crazy to me that Yoshiki founded a band on SM in 2004.

2 Likes

Seo Taiji - 7th Issue
K.A.Z. and I.N.A. from Hide’s backing band Spread Beaver contributed to Kpop star’s Seo Taiji in his album 7th Issue. Taiji’s solo music was very nu metal/alternative rock influenced during the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Definitely give this album and his other album Ultramania a listen if you like those genres!

4 Likes

And dont forget J from Luna Sea too. Definetely anyone into 90/00s alt. rock should check Taijis 5~7 (and live zero) albums or even III/IV from the taiji and boys era.

3 Likes

Could be one of the only few pics where he is possing with some younger artists and is not making them to do the X? :joy:

Has he been sporting the same pair of sunglasses for the past 20 years?

2 Likes

The New band Yoshiki created is a lot inspired by Kpop too :thinking::thinking:

1 Like

i knew yuta would be here when i read the title

i giggled

1 Like