livehouse Big Twin Diner Shovel will close in 2024

Osaka livehouse Shinsaibashi Big Twin Diner Shovel will close at the end of March 2024.

https://twitter.com/live_BTD/status/1630740773443608576

Dear patrons of Bigtwin Diner

Thank you for your continued patronage.
This is a short notice, but we would appreciate it if you could take a look at the following information.

Regarding Bigtwin diner SHOVEL, which is currently in operation
We would like to inform you that we intend to close the Bigtwin diner SHOVEL by the end of March, 2024.

I deeply apologize for the fact that we have been swept away by the current unfavorable trend of the times, which is due to my lack of ability and immorality as the representative of the company.

The situation surrounding live music clubs is showing signs of a gradual turnaround, but it has yet to reach the level of the past.

The expiration of the fixed-term lease for the tenant in April 2024 is one of the major factors in the uncertain business situation, and it has become an opportunity for us to consider the possibility of closing the restaurant.

Although the possibility of re-extending the contract is not zero, we have come to the final conclusion that a long-term contract would be difficult in light of the aging of the building and other negative factors.

Thank you for your tremendous support over the past seven years since we opened our store in Nishi-Shinsaibashi.
We would like to express our gratitude for your support and sincerely apologize for not being able to meet your expectations.

We will be able to report on the period we will be open for business, including contract extensions, by the end of 2023.
In the meantime, I am sure that we will have opportunities to repay your kindness during the remaining one year or so.
I know it is selfish of me, but I would like to ask for your continued support and encouragement.

Sincerely yours

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

Bigtwin Dinerをご利用頂いている皆様へ

日頃からご愛顧有り難う御座います。
急な話ではありますが、下記お目通し頂けますと幸いです。

現在、営業中のBigtwin diner SHOVELについて
2024年3月末日を目処に閉店とさせて頂く意向である事をご報告致します。

時勢の悪しき流れに飲まれる形となります事は、全て代表者としての私の力不足、不徳の致すところと深くお詫び申し上げます。

ライブハウスを取り巻く状況は、少しずつですが好転の兆しを見せつつありますが、まだまだ以前の様な活況を呈するには至りません。

先行きの見えない経営状態の中、テナント定借期間の満了を2024年4月に迎える事は大きな要因の1つであり、閉店を視野に入れるキッカケになりました。

契約再延長の可能性は0ではありませんが、ビルの老朽化等のマイナス要素も鑑み、長期の契約は難しいと考え最終的な考えに至りました。

西心斎橋に店舗を構えてから約7年、多大なる応援を頂き有り難うございます。
言葉に変え難い感謝を申し上げると共に、御期待に添えない結果となります事を心からお詫び致します。

契約延長も含め、営業可能期間につきましては、2023年末までにはご報告出来ると思います。