Hi all, a short introduction of me - in my late 20s I started to dive into the world of Japanese music and anime, although I’ve been exposed to it since I was a kid. I don’t speak Japanese and that’s probably the biggest obstacle in the main thread of this post.
Around 2005-2010 an online friend showed me a song that I’m still looking for today. He sent it to me as a file or it was available on vimeo or dailymotion (definitely not youtube, but maybe that doesn’t matter?).
Key points about the song:
- the singer is male
- it started with a shamisen introduction and then smoothly transitioned to normal guitar music (rock)
- the music video was probably in a traditional tea house, ryokan
- the singer sang at a medium tempo, but the closer to the chorus, the faster he sang, the chorus itself was not fast, but very melodic
- right after the chorus (I don’t know if after every chorus) there was an extraction with a man in a kabuki mask who had a harsh voice and was rather shouting (probably something along the lines of “kera kera kera kera”, but I don’t know Japanese)
- I met this song around 2005-2010, but it could have been recorded much earlier
- stylistic like soft visual key, traditional x visual key
- (least important because I might be remembering it wrong) the vocalist looked like Orochimaru from Naruto
Anyway, please help?