Madmans Esprit New Album "나는 나를 통해 우리를 보는 너를 통해 나를 본다" Release

Madmans Esprit announced the release of their 3rd studio album “나는 나를 통해 우리를 보는 너를 통해 나를 본다” (I See Me Through You Who Sees Us Through Me), out October 22. Preorders start on September 10.

1. 죽었으면
  2. 자해와 해방
  3. 妄誕詩
  4. Bitter
  5. Seoul
  6. Hass und Ignoranz
  7. 이분법
  8. 씨발
  9. 내버려둬 (Leave me alone)
  10. Idon’tknowwhoIambutthesexgoeson
  11. 백골의 정원
  12. 해부
  13. 蟻夢
12 Likes

lmao

4 Likes

Nice, looking forward to it! I spy at least 4 old tracks, but I’m glad the majority will be new material.

3 Likes
12 Likes

So glad this isn’t a full vk style album.

2 Likes

New merch is kinda weak and underwhelming compared to the previous stuff.

1 Like
1 Like

4 Likes

4 Likes
8 Likes
9 Likes

What a weird song. I didn’t recognize them until the second half of the chorus around 1:18. It will take me a few more listenings to get used to that one.

Interesting song! Not sure if I’m 100% on board with it, but it did go in some unexpected directions, so we’ll see how it will do in an album context.

They had at the time they had only 800 views still 110 comments on that video. This is the first time I ever have seen such an amount of comments on such a small number of views

10 Likes

I took the time to dive deeply into that long waited LP and, well, I didn’t remember much of it.

From a musical POV, it’s still crazy how they wrote/played/singed everything.

BUT the major issue of this release comes from the fact that everything is so overproduced. And it’s an easy thing to hear the difference with those retakes. Everything is buried under a pile of guitar, drums, and vocal effects.

That awful guitar tune ruins the tracks we knew (Seoul, Ssibal, Mangtanshi, …) and a couple of new songs like 자해와 해방. It’s piercing af, which leads you out of the songs. Dunno why Kyuho made it that way, but it comes from the OVERPRODUCED whole.

They tried something, idk, but it’s less elegant, less thoughtful, like they wanted a sound that was not theirs. I can get over what they tried musically speaking but not get over how it sounds in my ears.

In 2 words: amazingly performed, doesn’t sound right. I actually prefer how his side project HUMAN TRACES sounds.

1 Like
5 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Madman’s Espirit loses Arc and Yoel as support members, temporarily cancels activities.