Maya(ex.ZAKLIA) solo project "BULLETS DRAINING DESPAIR" new maxi-single "Larva Of The Reaper" has been released

vo.Maya(ex.LiLiCAL, ZAKLIA, Küzukasu) solo project “BULLETS DRAINING DESPAIR” 1st maxi-single “Larva Of The Reaper” has been released at 2022/12/29.

TuneCore
Larva Of The Reaper

TrackList:
1.Fatal Wounds
2.Battlefield Kawasaki
3.God Of Destruction

Twitter

6 Likes

kinda hilarious, also kinda good though

2 Likes

I thought Küzukasu already was his solo project?
Anyway I appreciate the over the top edginess, basically just a heavier ZAKLIA which is appealing to me.

This sounds amazing as fk

1 Like

Maya has written a detailed post about the project, its songs, and the difference between that and his other project, Kuzukasu.

Basic summary is that Kuzukasu (which will still continue) is more melodic and inspired by Zaklia, while Bullets Draining Despair is a deathcore project. The project was also originally called “BRET’S” but thankfully this was changed. He also did the instrumentals and mastering all by himself. Goth:core Records isn’t an actual label, but rather to support the project but he’s open to producing other artists. He’s also reverted back to using his original stagename MAYA since he’s used it longer and it looked better in English compared to his previous names KYOGA and MOKO (which he still uses for Kuzukasu). He wants the previous aliases to be used exclusively for their respective bands.

1.Fatal Wounds
A song that expresses the feelings of a man who unexpectedly faced death.
I wanted a song that was like the first song, so I put together a song that was fast and had a metalcore feel to it.
2.Battlefield Kawasaki
An undead virus has broken out in Kawasaki City, and in Shinjuku, humans are being decimated by a horde of undead. In the neighboring city of Yokohama, a vampire virus has broken out and turned the city into a nest of vampires. In Noborito, Kawasaki, looting, killing, and cannibalism are rampant, and the survivors have become more of a threat than monsters.
The worldview of the story is “Kawasaki is a city of bad character”, which I came up with based on the urban legend that Kawasaki is a bad place to live (I live in Kawasaki, but please note that the above setting is a fiction in the story).
I love the tremolo part in the middle part.
3.God Of Destruction
In an age when people’s lives and livelihoods are easily trampled on by those in power, is there a god of destruction in the sky? No. It exists in the hearts of people, and the true value of people is tested in their choice of what to destroy.

2 Likes

I’m actually excited for this. Can’t wait to see what he’s gonna put out.

Ty for the info!

1 Like

ZAKLIA has released a new digital edition of their best album, “ZAKLIA THE BEST”, on 10/21, originally released in 2020 when the band went on hiatus and this version features more songs than the original version, totaling 26 tracks.

2 Likes

Was waiting for this, had hoped more of the songs would be different from the last best of, also I thought I remembered him saying there would be unreleased demos? At least there’s one song I didn’t already have.

Looks like he had intended to include unreleased demos but they were too poor quality so he decided not to. Also the songs on this version sound a bit better than they did on the previous best of.