Medusa lab

Here are some of my old paintings that I’d made (with some help) back in high school and the year after… The decline is quite apparent lol But I believe I’ll get back to bigger formats sooner or later. Rn I can’t commit to anything that takes too much effort.
Those paintings are basically 90% of the decorations on my walls, some I gave away or are in storage. But not in everything is in a good shape sadly.

Also from the same period. They’re all painted from life.

3 Likes

They look ravishing, very beautiful. I mean it.

I can’t really explain how I went to all those countries because its really messy and long but I’ll give you cliff notes. the first time I went to Turkey was for underhand work in the summer. I’m from the middle East a village named avaren so to make a egg nest I would work as a fieldhand. And this is where it gets complicated.

if you have the chance to try it then do it. Dont worry about the embarresment or wasting your time. My life changed after I applied to the ministry of foreign affairs, it is how I first went abroad, how I learned English, German, French in that order but it all started down in Turkey and it has a soft place in my heart. Its not really extraordinary you know while I was down at the nato base a police friend was giving me a tour of the state and when we came to incirlik I saw a ghostown. He told me in the second gulf War America wanted to mobilise their tanks through the border but the government vetoed the order and so the only ones left in that nato base are pilots apart from the police lodges. You can see their california style houses after you get past the dragons teeth and barriers. I went there 10 years later he introduced me to mehmed is the masters name and we spoke a lot he showed me some of the American pilots back in the first gulf War settling down with the locals and that’s where I talked with an elderly lady. it was good to talk in English after so long, his shop was filled with photo books of Americans having their leather made way back in 1989 to 2003.I became an apprentice after I told him my experiences trying to learn what I can he was skeptical but when I refered to some friends and they too ordered he showed me how to tan the leather, how to beat it and let it rest, and then it was my turn, my jacket. I gave him the designs but we made it together he would overlook it and I fucked it up the last minute he of course helped and offered me it as a gift but I still left a tip. 2 hundred dollar bills. This was a while ago more then 8-9 years.

I still visit Turkey from time to time like most Russians and Chinese but now.

I’m just thinking.

1 Like

@HeroOfLove I love how the plushies look, it’s so cute :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Also nice work for the other stuff you made!

@Bloodsugar Your old paintings looking so impressive. :sparkles: I can see they found a good place on the wall.

2 Likes

Thanks! I appreciate it :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

I think I’ve finally figured out what to do for a background. Taking my sweet time with this :person_in_lotus_position::zzz:

1 Like

Well I should really be more productive but at least I finished something already this year lol And I hope I can keep my motivation up because I have a few different -than the ones I’ve been doing recently - drawings planned.

1 Like