MetalSucks article about Japanese deathcore

https://www.metalsucks.net/2023/02/16/deathcore-in-japan-cutting-edge-visual-kei-and-kawaii-bands/

1 Like

So is THE DESPERADO, DEXCORE, WORLD END MAN, DIVINITIST, HOTOKE, etc.

slaps forehead I thought dexcore was their label . The rest I don’t think I’ve ever heard of :open_mouth:

Trying so hard not to take the bait. :melting_face:

You don’t have a lot to do with that scene, if i remember that right
So thats natural

Personally i don’t think the article is bad. It gonna give some exposure towards that scene, and some that goes past the classic 2 bands.

I am little bumped about bands like CL and Dexcore on there, that are clearly metalcore based (no, having 2 or 3 deathcore sings doesn’t make you a deathcore band)
They got some bands up there that even i didn’t know.

I am a little frustrated with them riding around on PK’s looks and then even messing up that Ryo featured in the song Asphyxiate, not Möbius, as they wrote. :neutral_face:

WORLD END MAN is literally brutal death metal so they have no idea what they’re talking about. Breakdowns do not make a band core.

Why am I not surprised now? :laughing:

But also to be a little fair, from everything i know the Japanese deathcore scene is limited.

Sucks means something other than sucks? I understand fucks apparently means cool now but yeah.

1 Like

The sign is a subtle joke. The shop is called “Sneed’s Feed & Seed”, where feed and seed both end in the sound “-eed”, thus rhyming with the name of the owner, Sneed. The sign says that the shop was “Formerly Chuck’s”, implying that the two words beginning with “F” and “S” would have ended with “-uck”, rhyming with “Chuck”. So, when Chuck owned the shop, it would have been called “Chuck’s Fuck and Suck”.

Sorry, had to throw the Simpsons meme in here with that last comment. As for the article, it’s not the worst, but not the most comprehensive either.

1 Like

Solid list of artists to make ppl aware of some neat underground Japanese bands.

I see no problem here!

2 Likes

Exactly, it’s not their problem they have to showcase CIA torture songs because some editor wants to make the 13 foreigners who bother to read it happy!

1 Like

That band is to brutal death what a McFlurry is to ice cream :disguised_face:

WORLD END MAN is literally not brutal death.
most brutal death bands to come out of japan are the likes of disconformity, glossectomy, gorevent

Had no idea deathcore was on the cusp of being mainstream? Also cool to see Qeddeshet mentioned but they’re not at all deathcore, imo they sound closer to death metal with elements of grind.

Metalsucks networks sucks people do reviews do a lot album reviews and for years have some dirt say even for non vk related bands I wouldn’t take their posting or article serious since never really is a decent writing by them since they tend write off good albums and artist

Do you know what punctuation is??

Besides that, I think we all said what we think.
It doesn’t matter how dumb r shitty metalsucks is, articles like that give exposure to bands and it’s l not like they were shitting on any of those bands either.

1 Like

The Japanese deathcore scene is definitely limited. Even in the U.S I feel its popularity has dwindled over the years, as there aren’t many popular deathcore bands and most of the well known ones have been around for over a decade. But I still find it fascinating that the visual kei scene is being presented as one of the biggest, for lack of a better word, “sources” of Japanese deathcore.

But if you were to type “Japanese Rock” on google, you’ll find many visual kei bands too. I think that with visual kei being as small and underappreciated as it is, I just find all of that wild lol. It’s a very small world.