MUCC new single "GONER/WORLD", live best album and live DVD/Blu-ray release

What Merry gain from losing a member ? :thinking:
I mean Mucc dont do anything special since many years even when Satoshi was there. ( I say this but I’m a huge fan… Just trying to be honest )

2 Likes

they got so skinny

their album sampler convinced me there’s still promise for them, even if it’s going to be an occasional, very selective, but a bright and loud burst.

mucc have died a long ass time ago, and their new single, while trying to ping off what made them a thing in the first place, just further uncoats all the rot which by now has reached their bones and spine, and nothing can save this sellout hasbeen act from hell, aside from retiring gracefully, at this point.

3 Likes

Yes, if I remember well I read that Miya even admit that they do music for fun now ( or money ? ^^ ).
But in the past they put their heart in each songs, you could feel their soul.

does it sound fun?..

3 Likes

Buff Revolution is my spirit animal :sunglasses:

there’s still promise for [Merry]

mucc have died a long ass time ago

You mean by increasing synths and autotune for 125%? Srsly, autotune can be a nice addition, but not on vocalists like Gara. I don’t think Merry gained anything from it really. MUCC have gotten kinda repetative since like 2013, but it’s completely the same for Merry or lynch. for example. They just find their “formula” and use it all over again.

Despite your description being quite poetic, it’s also overly dramatic lol
And complaining for a vk band to “sell out”, is like complaining about wet water. (Except you think KISAKI makes reasonable decisions, putting out THREE (!!!) physical versions of a single in 2021 is technically not smart and 500 yen for an instant picture isn’t actually that much.)

Edit: phrasing

I’m not sure what this has to do with this thread, but may I have a link proving that? I don’t remember being particularly fond of the kiddie rapist and his chocies dating all the way to most of you stanning undercode while they were around.

no it’s not outdated, those oricon charts won’t fill themselves up. everybody cheats. dexcore released their album in three different types, like, hello???

I have no fucking clue why you’re dragging me in the cheki argument - I don’t hoard them and don’t care for the fact they’re sold, but what … else do you do to support your faves? Britney Spears makes $50 million with her fragrance business every year. think about that.

but may I have a link proving that?

A link? What for? I was just saying that Kisaki is just after the money = Unreasonable from a consumer’s/fan’s perspective.

no it’s not outdated, those oricon charts won’t fill themselves up. everybody cheats.

Nowhere did I say it was “outdated”, but bands/labels don’t do this because they love music so much (surprise!!), but for money. Merry even have a special event for people who buy all of the editions of their upcoming album, including the fan club edition. VK bands/labels have been doing that since forever, but you don’t consider this “sellout”?

I don’t hoard them and don’t care for the fact they’re sold

I didn’t say this, but apparently the majority of fans does, especially in Japan. Still it’s “sellout”.

Britney Spears makes $50 million with her fragrance business every year. think about that.

Britney Spears is (was? oops) a pop musician, of course she does that. Pop music is all about making money. So is VK. And that was exactly my point: Critisizing a vk band for being capitalist or wanted to make money, is like critisizing Facebook for hoarding/selling data. That’s why they exist.

1 Like

I miss the point you’re trying to make otherwise.

Fair, I wrote it, but I didn’t mean it that way.
I didn’t mean outdated as in “nobody buys it anymore”, but as in “not wanting to change it” and using old technologies. Despite being “highly technological”, Japan is ironically also known for keeping things as they are, like hankos or using fax. It’s the same with CDs, I guess.
People obviously do buy physical CDs in Japan, but from a global view, CDs are technically outdated. They don’t release CDs because it’s fun, they make it because then they’ll get like 1500 yen for one or two songs, instead of 200 Yen digitally. Or 0,00000something Cents for a stream.

I miss the point you’re trying to make otherwise.

You really do?

1 Like
3 Likes

feeling this preview much more than the shorter samples

seems like a decent enough single

1 Like

A harder song, a ballad, a jazzy song. Good mix actually, everybody can find something they like.

1 Like

Here’s the double PV for WORLD/GONER:

4 Likes

that chick

did that hennies!!!!!

jumping from the bridge is literally the only normal reaction to current mucc’s sound. all of it is just so awful, I swear to god I’m never listening to clean tatsuro singing ever again.

the ware, arubeki pv fragment in there is kinda cute.

2 Likes

I can see World becoming one of their closing/encore songs for coming years shows. Better than expected.

I liked both new and old Mucc since forever but the last album and this single are really putting my tolerance to the test. I liked how Mucc evolved… but now that “evolution” has become very stale. If they really do music for fun I would like to see them try different stuff like they used to. even if I dislike the resulting music because it doesn’t suit my tastes…

2 Likes

Their show yesterday (which was streamed online) had this song as a closer for the encore actually!
And they played GONER and right after that Ware, arubeki basho.

WORLD is listenable, but GONER is pretty bad. From the guitar tone to the whatever vocal performance was that.

Hazuki chan is doing his best too :weary: :weary:

2 Likes

we stan an entrepreneuring personality…

1 Like